Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a member of a few groups, a couple car related and the monthly dinner G2G seems to be a way to keep the group coherent and active even when events aren't happening. I propose we start (back) up the monthly G2G on some evening at a rotational location to keep everyone happy. We need something here. The other groups seem a little less concerned about the automobiles themselves and more on the socializing. I think the Dez has always been more a car-centric group personally and I think the meeting locations should afford good parking for folks to congregate to encourage motorhead dialogue. Anyway, let me know what you think.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Phoenix autocross this weekend. Sat and Sun. I should be there, hopefully with my new re71r's

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow. Is there....anyone else out there?

How did the autocross go? Forgive if I feign indifference to Solo II, I did that, had several successful seasons (winning my class) and by then was getting pretty tired of 45 min in line for a 45 sec or so run. Clincher came at the annual SCCA awards banquet when the corner workers for Solo I got more 'press' than any class winning driver in Solo II. I bailed and never looked back.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
"...where have all the flowers gone...long time passing...."

Most have moved on and are no longer interested...give me some dates/times and will try to be there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Few people, guy with an svt went out

Blew up my car (wheel bearing and kept spinning)
So I drove my father's for the rest of the day.
Red= mine
Blue= his

Last az one I can make is Feb 7 at bdi
Then I ship out.

·
Registered
547 Posts
There are very few still around these parts. I blow through here now and then, but do to the almost complete inactivity of the local scene these days I'm not here as often as I use to. But I sure do miss the meet ups and cruises.

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't see as many Mk1's out there as we used to, however we're not just about Mk1 Focus', and unless the next Gen Focus' don't have what it takes to generate enthusiasm, there are plenty of those around to have a group all their own. There are still enough Mk1's to keep a group populated. I think it's just a sign of the times, there are other factors keeping people from doing enthusiast things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts