Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Link

This kit is for the 2.0 duratec in the mondeo. You'd need a few other parts before you got to 204 hp from your 2.0.

But this setup should fit the 2.3 as well. They just don't have a 2.3 in europe.

·
I'm the 'intellectual' here
4,225 Posts
For over 3 grand plus shipping, I think I will wait for a supercharger kit to come out...besides, I can't even come close to affording that right now...haha.

Good find though!

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I only said it was interesting.

Seems like they do things a little differently in europe.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
I know Webers are awesome, but I'd still be wary of converting anything from fuel injection to carburetion. It's like two steps forward and one step back.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Weber makes FI components too. I know those look like DCOEs but they are throttle bodies. You can see the injectors on the other side.

I know Webers are awesome, but I'd still be wary of converting anything from fuel injection to carburetion. It's like two steps forward and one step back.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Several manufacturers in the States also make individual throttle-body fuel injection systems or conversion to carburetors and a stand-alone ignition that requires no ECU. Check with Marcy Motorsport www.marcymotorsport.com, Circle Performance www.circleperformance.com, and Al-Tech Precision www.quad4rods.com. Al-Tech Precision also makes throttle-body injectors and carbureted conversions for Zetecs along with various driveline conversions...rear drive, mid-engine for these engines.

Circle Performance is a hard-core builder of engines including Duratecs and has a growing inventory of aftermarket performance parts. Their current fuel injected naturally aspirated dry sump 180 pound Duratecs are making a respectable 340 h.p. on Methanol alcohol.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It mainly caught my eyes because the power specs for a 2.0 they listed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts