Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turns out my race gas tune really likes pump gas, lol. Before I dyno'd like 167hp 144trq with CAI,udp,test pipe and catback. Well I took off CAI, I was tired of the filter sitting so low and didn't really want it anymore, I put stock airbox baxk in with no silencer, and also the tube that goes to bottom is removed and I haven't put it back on yet. Also put k&n panel filter in and throttle body is ported better. Anyways, so needless to say I lost a bit of power without CAI, well anyways I was at dyno and I just decided [censored] it, I had pump gas but lets just run race gas file anyways, and I gained 1whp up top, but to my suprise gain 9 ft/lbs of torque, final numbers being 168/153, and also noticed the rpm were I made peak torque jumped up 1000 rpms, and also there were no signs of detonation. Also we did like a bunch of pulls just to make sure we were getting numbers right because at first we had a rpm pick up issue. Anyways I just felt like posting this cause Iw as happy with my numbers on stock airbox, and also I was happy with torque gains. Here is a cool pic of my car on dyno.

·
Registered
223 Posts
is that sae corrected hp/tq?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure, it was a mustang dyno, but the numbers seemed pretty close to what a dynojet would read, cause stock srt-4's were putting down like 220 and stage 2's were putting down 240, and I think thats around what they would put down on a dynojet.

·
Registered
686 Posts
wow, nice numbers, is the tune from wayne? i wanted to run the race tune as well, but didn't have the chance to find 100+ octane around here. are you sure there was no detonation? if so, would you reccommend running it for street use?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yah, its Waynes tune. Well ealier air/fuel was all good in the hood, but that was with like 93 octane taken up to 100 or so with torco. That pull I ran 93 octane with race gas tune, and I am pretty sure there was no detonation, normally you can hear it. Also I would not recommend running it for street use at all, it would suck to have deto and blow motor, but I can deal with it. I have not had any problems but that doesn't mean that others won't.

·
Registered
686 Posts
haha, interesting, would be nice to have all the extra tq with the street tune.

·
Registered
556 Posts
167/ 144!?

Either the dyno is unloaded, or you have a severe factory freak! I was at 156.4/ 133.4 with AEM SR, Cam Gear, UDP, ORP. Our Mustang Dyno was loaded, so add in 8% and you get unloaded dynojet #'s...

I suck at math, so Im not sure if thats on par...also, those #'s are pre-tune..

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am not sure if it was loaded, but like I said before stock srt-4 put down 220, and stage 2's were like 240, so if you can go by that as a reference point, also all numbers were ran on power curve test, were vehicle weight isn't factored in. Anyways 167/144 was with hypnotic race gas tune with 100 octane, borla exhaust, test pipe, UDP, CAI with dirty ass filter, 168/153 with with same mods except no CAI, just modified stock aibox with k$n panel filter, ported throttle body, race gas tune with 93 octane, and also I switch to the copper motorcraft colder plugs, which seem alot better then the funky iridiums I had in there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts