Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
If you are painting your gauge pods for your pillar, its going to be light gray(every focus from the doors up is the same color). Try and search for "pillar paint" or something like that.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To get the best possible match get your interior code in the driver side door jamb as well as your VIN number. Your interior code should be located on the lower left hand corner right below the word, INT TR. The VIN # may be needed because alot of paints have varients. Then go down to your local DuPont certified paint store give them the code and tell them you want the DuPont Vinyl Paint and if possible, have them mix it in a spray can. The Vinyl paint also can be adjusted from low, medium and high gloss. You'll just need to ask them. The DuPont vinyl paint also comes premixed so it's ready to spray. If they can't put it in a spray can then I recommend a Preval sprayer. The paint should be a perfect/near perfect match..providing the paint mixer didn't fudge up the mix.
thanks to sting2324 on FF

·
Registered
45 Posts
I usually don't plug stores, but I have to mention a great find that I made today.

After calling and driving over half of the Toronto/Hamilton/Burlington (Ontario Canada) area looking for matching paint for my a-pillar pod, I was finally pointed toward a CMax (NAPA)body supply store that has the CURRENT actual color matches for all the Fords (and other makes).

So intead of buying the generic VHT "Ford Light Grey" (which nobody had in stock but could get it oredered in a week), I could actually get mixed the "Light Flint" that was the actual colour for the 2005 STs. w00t!!

http://www2.zip411.net/locators/napa/napa/en/index.php

·
Registered
129 Posts
is the svt focus's the same crap light gray from the doors up

·
Registered
45 Posts
Anybody use the VHT Ford light grey? How close was it? The sample card looked dark compared to my a-pillars. This stuff I got mixed matches exactly.

·
Registered
883 Posts
If you want an easy way out with great results Any body shop can match it.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Click the link for SEM below. Best plastic painting products we've ever used. Make sure you get the adhesion promoter as well.

They have TONS of colors. I found the perfect match to my unique 1986 SVO interior...I'm sure you can find a grey to match the Focus.

http://www.sem.ws/product.php?product_id=190

1 - 11 of 11 Posts