Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my first ride in a compact car with an aftermarket exhaust. It was an eclipse with a Thermal exhaust. Now, I've heard that thermal was pretty loud compared to most brands, but I was in the (miniscule) backseat
and the resonation off the glass and tiny interior was almost unbearable for 5 minutes! Anyway, will most aftermarkets be like this, or is it just that car, or just that exhaust? Thanks.

[ 11-05-2002, 08:41 AM: Message edited by: Xenon ZX3 ]

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Originally posted by Xenon ZX3:
Anyway, will most aftermarkets be like this, or is it just that car, or just that exhaust? Thanks.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">its a bit of both, id say. as far as the focus, theres very little effort put into noise dampening features for a quieter ride(juxtapose with, say, an acura tl). but when it comes down to it, the biggest determinant is probably what exhaust system you choose. to take some of the popular cat backs as example, borla is known for its loud rumbling, whereas the magnaflow tends to be much softer.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about Bosal? That's what I think I'm decided on. I pretty much want the quietest one.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by Xenon ZX3:
How about Bosal? That's what I think I'm decided on. I pretty much want the quietest one.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The bosal had too much interior noise for me. Its not that bad, but more than i like. I now have the apexi, and inside the car its essentially silent....outside it sounds really nice! i'd reccomend it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice. I'll look into it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I enjoy getting on the throttle and hearing my HKS rumble and all my change vibrating in the interior lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm checking into the apexi also, but I heard the quietest one is the focus sport. I would
like to hear a magnaflow also as this was going to be my first choice. I want the interior to be quiet.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by tzx3:
I'm checking into the apexi also, but I heard the quietest one is the focus sport. I would
like to hear a magnaflow also as this was going to be my first choice. I want the interior to be quiet.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah, like i said the apexi is REALLY quiet, and only a few bucks more than the focus sport. PLUS you get an amazing quality exhaust. Yeah its japanese, and also probably the strongest part on my car
Seriously that titanium powdercoat finish looks soo cool too!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts