Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interior Paint (? for DIY\'ers)

Anyone have opinions on which is the best brand/type paint for interior trim pieces? Im looking for something locally available (Autozone or whatnot). I was thinking about vinyl and fabric paint from duplicolor, good choice? Also bearing in mind that I am looking for the most stock look as possible. All i want is a color change, i would like to keep the stock texture to the trim. (except for what sanding and prep take away).

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
Re: Interior Paint

well what are u painting in ur interior...most common painted pieces can be done with regular rattle can paints..everyone has a preference

many write-up done on it, check the sticky thread at the top

other pieces require some more techinical skill (the large pieces where most people's paint usually peels) and to this day have not found a easy, cheap, and durable paint for this...best bet is to save up and have it done professionally (painted and baked)

-chris

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

ok, vent rings, maybe the vents, trim around the lock, the door handle and lock handle, speaker vent, trunk button, ac/defroster buttons and knobs, light switch knob, airbag cover, pullout drawer door.......

i plan to use a combination of black and silver paint.
are any of these problem pieces? will i run into any particularly large obstacles (no job comes without hitches)?

·
Registered
18,488 Posts

u'll have a prob with the buttons and knobs...but everything else should be fine if u take ur time and patience

buttons/knobs haven't been done before...just replaced with either different switches or aluminnum ones that can be powdercoated

-chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts