Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted in the Duratec section about making some new parts for the focus, and figure I will start with something small. A friend of mine owns a metal fabrication shop and can pretty much do anything. However, the more holes and bends the more it will cost. I am thinking of starting with a gauge bezel and would like to get ideas. I can do pretty much any design, but I will have to choose just one because of cost. I was thinking something like what is on ebay, but thinking that the gauges will be completely seperate like in the euro models. It will also be powder coated. I can do many various colors. Please let me know if anyone is interested and what you are willing to pay for something like this. They have top quality machines and it is very high quality work. Also let me know about designs. If anyone has any extra bezels that you could send that would be great because they have a machine which scans with lazers into the machine and can start cutting. Or even better if someone can send me a full size template with the design you would like to see. Thanks for all the help and let me know.

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
Thats a great idea. But remember, the glass is perma glued to the bezel and installation of this part would include having to cut the two apart with a dremel. You mmight look into using some sort of thinner metal that can be slightly bent to install and still lay flat. And if you do the bezels, to the SVT/Euro style as you said.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts