Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have settled on getting a CAI off ebay with a genuine K&N filter, but will i be needing a bypass valve, people say yess and no, I live in the NE (NY school in PA) so its wet at times here. So what you guys think

·
Registered
157 Posts
THe valve only opens when the filter is completely submerged. If you regularly drive through 8" of water, you need one. I've had a CAI installed since November, and I've driven through heavy rain with no signs of my filter getting wet at all. Just be smart about driving in the rain. Stay in the right lane (keeping the filter over the high part of the road) and steer clear of any deep water.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Originally posted by waterspot:
THe valve only opens when the filter is completely submerged. If you regularly drive through 8" of water, you need one. I've had a CAI installed since November, and I've driven through heavy rain with no signs of my filter getting wet at all. Just be smart about driving in the rain. Stay in the right lane (keeping the filter over the high part of the road) and steer clear of any deep water.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">part of this is true, but the valve will try to draw air thru the valve at times instead of the filter, i have had mine for more than a year and never had a prob, true we dont get rain all the time, but when we do it floods.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts