Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... fixing all the stuff thats wrong with their car so they won't look like a boob at jetfest?? I know I am. I'm afraid my car is gonna look bad compared to everyone else's pimped out rides.

·
Registered
61 Posts
quite the opposite... mine went from stock to raped.
Trying like hell to get at least part of my system done in time for the drive.

Main reason for going is to see that f2 kit in person before i buy one

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Oh yeah, really been up in the engine bay especially. The interior had a few changes that I'd like to update the rest of the interior to, but won't have the time or cash to do so before JF. But JF is what got me off my arse to get the turbo done, along w/ various other goodies.

Even if JF blows butt or gets cancelled, it at least got me movin' on some rather stale projects...

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
Oh yeah, really been up in the engine bay especially. The interior had a few changes that I'd like to update the rest of the interior to, but won't have the time or cash to do so before JF. But JF is what got me off my arse to get the turbo done, along w/ various other goodies.

Even if JF blows butt or gets cancelled, it at least got me movin' on some rather stale projects...

Agreed! I finally got my stereo box done I've wanted to do for like 8 months. And I was thinking about having my dents pulled out before the event.

And the F2 kit, ironic, since I already purchased mine BEFORE I go to JetFest. Too bad I won't have the kit on, but I'm hoping to have altest the spoiler rocking by then. Crossed Fingers!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I went a bit too far and i will be lucky if my car is done in time.

waiting on parts sucks ass!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
im still waiting on stuff to get shipped to me, hopefully i'll get them today! and JF has gotten me to finally get my wheel powdercoated, so i can put my good wheels back on again!!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
i got new tires so i could put my good rims back on.

i would like to repair my fiberglass ram air hood, paint and install it before jetfest, but time is running out!

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
my car is getting worse and worse coming to the event. Its got random squeaks around now and an exhaust leak cuz they did a bad job of welding the resonater in...... and then my tip is wobboly cuz the exhaust shop sucks.... and i curbed the hell out of my pretty EsvtF rim last nite....arghhhhhhhhh

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
... fixing all the stuff thats wrong with their car so they won't look like a boob at jetfest?? I know I am. I'm afraid my car is gonna look bad compared to everyone else's pimped out rides.
Don't worry...

Right now I still have stress cracked paint on my driver's side front fender from where I curbed it 2 years ago, front and rear bumper covers are both scraped up really bad, my carpet is perma-trashed in the front, just worn and hard to get totally clean, both my front seat bolsters are broken (again, this is the 3rd time) and I still have bald tires on the back. I should have tires by jetfest though...

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, i'm putting in a new serpentine belt and tensioner sometime real soon, getting my bumper repainted (all the paint is flaking off) and I got a new guage bezel/glass. I've still got to sort out a squeak (probably swaybar related)

However, I've got a curbrashed rim (I didn't do it) and I have no airbags, which makes the airbag cover not fit right, and my steering wheel airbag cap is superglued together...

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
Yeah Spots, don't worry about it. I'll be in the car show with this. My new modification I made a few weeks back. This is what happens when you forget to put the car in first gear, and forget to use the ebrake. The car shifts itself out of first, and rolls down the street into a tree. This is the reason I ordered my F2 body kit.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
i'm putting a few extra dents in it just to finish the look

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I am getting it finished, have one more part to install and she is all done. The only thing left period, would be some svt door skins, but i am gonna wait a while for those.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
the idler for my timing belt took a crap now Im paying the dealer to replace it cause Im too lazy
so Im having to fork over some extra cash If I wanna make it to JetFest

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I pretty much have got my car wrapped up. Got the hood painted finalley, got my suspension and new BFG KDW2's on, SVT bumpers. Still have a few minor things to do, like clean up some of the underhood wiring rats nest. But other then that I'm good to go. Not looking forward to cleaning my car once I get there after a 10 hour trip though lol

Scott

·
Registered
549 Posts
yeah i needed tires really bad, so i just bought rims and tires, and this fri. i'm putting the body kit on, but it will be unpainted for jf.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts