Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been programming with the new SCT Mako ( beta ) software for a couple of weeks now and have been enabling all of the XCal2 flashers to allow the end user to tweek the file without using a computer. I'm just curious if anyone here is using that, we sell a ton of these, but I don't know if anyone HERE is using this feature. Lemme know if you are.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I've been programming with the new SCT Mako ( beta ) software for a couple of weeks now and have been enabling all of the XCal2 flashers to allow the end user to tweek the file without using a computer. I'm just curious if anyone here is using that, we sell a ton of these, but I don't know if anyone HERE is using this feature. Lemme know if you are.
Well, I would if I had the XCal2.
Unless SCT comes up with some sort of a rebate or trade in for those of us that bought the XCal earlier this year the old budget says I have to stick with what I've already got.

For example, it would be nice to be able to bump the idle up some when running the AC in the 110+ degree days we've been having lately. What with the VF rear engine mount and the extra load of the AC compressor it makes my Recaro seats feel like they've got a built in vibrator.
Since that's the only issue I've got with the tunes you set me up with I haven't felt like it's worth shipping the XCal back to you just to fix that one thing. Now if you've found a way to get me another 25HP...

Ron

·
Registered
326 Posts
Um, you can do that yourself! I use it for my XCal 1.

http://www.sctflash.com/downloads.php

Look under the custom tuning software section!

I have yet to get my XCal 2 back from SCT (paid for it early June and it was broken. Sent it back to get fixed... thinking of getting a Predator again). IIRC, the Xtreme tune software does pretty much everything the XCal 2 does except the datalogging.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I have yet to get my XCal 2 back from SCT (paid for it early June and it was broken. Sent it back to get fixed... thinking of getting a Predator again). IIRC, the Xtreme tune software does pretty much everything the XCal 2 does except the datalogging.
Same here Ive yet to datalog or anything other than make some small changes since the Xcal2 has been down. I did notice that in the car I had the options of program or read DTCs and that was about it, again could have been my device

·
Registered
326 Posts
Oh yeah, forgot that the XCal 2 can read and clear DTC's!

I'm not sure what SCT has up their sleeves, but they are supposed to be releasing more user options for the XCal 2 in August.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts