Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
6,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is everything that can be invented for the Focus been invented?

Does anyone see a decline in the aftermarket products market for the Focus because it's all been done?

Will there have to be a drastic change in the Focus for a ton of new stuff to come out?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I don't think so. I believe that new product introductions for the Zetec cars may slow down, but there are some companies that have not been able to design and manufacture parts for this application because they do not have the resources to do so immediately.

Also, look for improved versions of existing parts. As the Focus gets older, there will be more enthusiasts willing to modify their cars much more so because they are out of warranty. This will bring about more "hard core" parts such as pistons, rods, cranks, clutches, camshafts, etc. I am sure that more forced induction kits will come to market as well.

When more of the 2.3 duratec cars hit the market, there will probably be a surge of new parts available for it. Just look at what FocusSport and Focus Central are working on. I am sure there are many other companies "tooling up" as well. I hope this helps.

Tony D

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
How about an complete lightweight pulley kit? I'm talking about slapping aluminum pulleys on instead of all of the stock steel ones. The weight savings would help throttle response.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts