Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad says that if I squeal the tires on the car I can break a piece (forgot what he called it).

He was referring to the Jetta TDI 1999 we got, so that might help a bit, but is he telling the truth or wants to save money on tires?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
think again... if done often and/or hard enough, then you can actually snap the half shafts. if that's not bad enough, then you can mess the tranny.

are we talkin about off the line (at a track of course) or while you're already moving and shifting?

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
or are we talking about making the tires squeal around turns?

·
Registered
510 Posts
My friend bought an 03 jetta. 4k miles onto the car and he blew apart the difurential which kill the tranny clutch and fly wheel. i think it was the differential. but anyways..this was all because he beat the bag out of the car and spun the tires everywere!!! so yes u can break stuff.

·
Registered
180 Posts
i read some where that VW have an open diff but what they do to help with wheel spin is apply abs to the spinning wheel but so that power will transfer to the one that has grip. this is done very fast but when the brakes go on and off they go 100% then 0% really fast and each time they do that it sends a SHOCK through the whole drive train, mostly CV joints, halfshafts, diff the trans doesnt really feel it. do that enough and your car is toast. best thing to do is to slightly let off the gas if your wheels are spinning.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
on a TRULY open diff, wheelspin will actually help save the car. That's why axles fail when you put slicks on. Spin= less stress than no spin.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
on a TRULY open diff, wheelspin will actually help save the car. That's why axles fail when you put slicks on. Spin= less stress than no spin.
Yes, BUT, that ABS Traction-Control might really mess w/ things....

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
[/QUOTE]
Yes, BUT, that ABS Traction-Control might really mess w/ things....

[/QUOTE]

dah fuse...must pull the fuse!!! i...must...heat up these slix.

-Ult

·
Registered
619 Posts
It will only hurt it if the rrr's are less than 5k...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts