Ford Focus Forum banner

Is my nitrous solenoid supposed to be really hot?

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  bfocusedonthis 
#1 ·
I did a "dry fire" of the solenoids, they seem to be working. The nitrous solenoid APPEARS to be louder, and when I touched it after the dry firing, it was WAY hotter than the fuel solenoid.

Andrew

#3 ·
You should hold your solenoids open for more than 20 seconds?! I've never heard that or done that.

Andrew

#7 ·
The solonoid shouldn't be held open or left pressurized for extended periods of time.

I have never had a nitrous solonoid become warm, if anything they're always cold to the touch because of the n2o flowing through them.

What brand solonoid are you running?
NOS :-/

I was going to do the Edelbrock conversion (Edelbrock Pro-series solenoids, the big ones, shark nozzle, bottle, and pressure gauge) but the NOS system is working admirably for me now. No issues; the heat of the N20 solenoid in the dry-fire appears to be an isolated incident.

And no, I don't hold the solenoids open for long periods of time or leave them under pressure.

Andrew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.