Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm driving home from work the other day and what do I see? A brand-new, Mandarin Copper...ZX2?!

First it was Liquid Grey from the S2's...then the silver-face gauges and SVT-style headlights on 'regular' Focuses...and now the Mach HID headlights are on some SVT's. What next?

Sorry, just needed to get that off my chest. Maybe I'm the only one that's bothered by this, but I just think things like this take away from the 'uniqueness' of the Statement Cars. I still love my car, special edition or not.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I agree that it does take away from the "uniqueness" of the statement cars but look at this way you have a statement edition Focus, out of all the Foci made since 2000, how many statement cars do you see!

I too put svt headlights in my Kona and looks pretty good w/ the Dirt Metallic paint!

Statement Cars Unite!!!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
i agree with you totaly. but hey look at it this way. its the last year for the zx2 so let em have it. or wasent the last year suposed to be 2000? aww f*** ford. the excursion is out and the taurus is outand the focus is getting a face lift. mayby they can get rid of the f-series while they are at it

·
I can't stop typing...I can't stop typing...I can'
6,037 Posts
how many statement cars do you see!
I see them on an almost daily, and I'm not counting mine! I have seen about 8 mach edition, 1 yellow street edition, and a kona (without the bike rack) in one day. I have only seen 1 SVT focus driving in this area ever though. And I though my "limited edition car" was gonna be rare.
But then again when you consider there is literally a focus on EVERY block in my city, ONLY 12 limited editions a day isn't TOO bad.
As one of my friends said "so many to choose, and so cheap too you can collect them all!" (average price of a new car here is probably around around $40,000 so a $20,000 focus seams like a steal!)

Even I though there were to many foci on a recent trip on the parkway here. LITERALLY every other car was some kind of focus. For about 30 cars (so that was 15 foci in 60 seconds)

·
Banned
926 Posts
When you buy a limited edition car. It's just a polite way of saying 'You brought a over-priced car'.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i live in hawaii...not many people have an s2 here. kinda glad for that!!!
in fact...not many people have a focus here...more riced-up civics and crap like that.

·
Registered
733 Posts
So I'm driving home from work the other day and what do I see? A brand-new, Mandarin Copper...ZX2?!

First it was Liquid Grey from the S2's...then the silver-face gauges and SVT-style headlights on 'regular' Focuses...and now the Mach HID headlights are on some SVT's. What next?
If I remember correctly, that color originally showed up on Explorer Sport's before your "Special Edition" Focus.

·
Registered
75 Posts
<font color="orange"> Actually, it came out on the ZX2 on the 2001 Model and on the Explorer Sport in 2001 also. It was a color already in production that Ford decided to use on the Focus also. </font>

·
Registered
8,586 Posts

Mach HIDs on my Kona
. I had to and the night is so much brighter because of it too

the Dirt Brown Kona in Arizona

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mach HIDs on my Kona

I had to and the night is so much brighter too
I should apologize and clarify. I didn't mean to offend anyone who has put 'statement car' parts on their car, I was just complaining because these parts are becoming less rare/unique/desirable/etc.

Okay, I'll go back to my corner and sulk now...

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
When you buy a limited edition car. It's just a polite way of saying 'You brought a over-priced car'.
No, the S2 was not much more $$$$$$ than a Basic Model, and the Suspension and Appearance Parts were WELL Worth the Difference. Same could be said for the Street Edition Sedan.
The Mach Edition Sound System is WELL Worth the Money if Audio is Important to you.
Exercise the Brain before the Jaw....

·
Banned
6,369 Posts
How much is a regular ZTS anyway? Because all I spent on my Mach Edition was $15,000.

Not bad for a fully loaded statement edition with the HIDs and sound system.

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
didn't the rangers also have this color?

My street edition cost about the same as SE after xplan...hehe

BTW, i've seen 2 of the new ZX2's running around here...one night i saw the front and i was like HEY A FOCUS! no...it's a friggin zx2...

·
Registered
358 Posts
The dealership I bought my S2 at had them for the same price as the ZX3's on the lot. They had no idea what is was, I remember the the salesman saying it was just diffrent wheels and a diffrent spoiler.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
the mach sitting next to my zx3 was only about 500 bucks more, 14,500. The only reason i didnt get it was because it was auto. Statement cars are just parts cars, if you owned a honda, you'd put fake jdm parts on it, yea you would.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts