Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really would like to get some clear direction on the Focus Challenge. After the last time attack event there was no results posted and there was only 3 Focus at the event, I was never told if we had a run session to lay down our times, I never got in my car because of that, we just started to put our set up together for the time attack and Andrew Gillis was driving in the time attack so I never put a time down. I hope it is not dead as I love the opportunity to drive against follow Focus drives such as Clint Chris Stout and Alan Bower and all the other Focus guys that use to come out.
I am Just looking for some real info from the people in charge is the series alive or dead? I am still going to be at the next RTA event with bigger motor and the right tire this time to run in modified.

I really hope to see a few more Focus owner out there representing the brand.

Scottish.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Ill be there Scott!

Ill be permanently out of Active Duty by then, so i anticipate making any and all west coast FC's (among other track events).

Todd, if you need any assistance on the FC, i am always willing to help out to the best of my ability.

·
Registered
566 Posts
yeah i was a bit sad to only see a few foci running at buttonwillow. unfortunately my two cars aren't track worthily right now but i am trying to get one really.

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
I'll be at the next RTA. Can't confirm yet if I'll be driving. I've already spent this year's and next year's budget.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was not trying to call anyone out by any means, I know time are tough to have a such an expensive hobby. I would just like to know if FC is going to happen.

Then I can plan my weekend around that.

Alan, I am very glad to hear that you are off active duty and thank you for the service and protection that you provide as a serviceman in this country. It was great to see you at Buttonwillow and looking forward to seeing you at Willow springs.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
I hear you Scotty, and I'm with you.

Focus Challenge started way back when. When a bunch of us were bright-eyed and star-struck and ready to take down the world. And honestly, most of them fell away. I can't say as I blame them, as they found other more important priorities (family, careers, etc.).

When David gave up hosting the site (and why would he? He hasn't been involved in a LONG time... hasn't owned a focus in 3 years IIRC) I was concerned that it would be the end of things.

Fact is: I have the database, but I have no-way on earth of decoding it or recreating it. I don't even know if I could install it into a new site in any way shape or form.

That presents us with some other challenges. The field is shrinking. Money is tight, sponsors are non-existant, and costs keep growing. My car sits in the garage collecting dust and serving as a nice home to some sort of rodent. I've spent every last bit I can into that car, and it still needs a lot more.... and even then it won't be fast or competetive even. But that doesn't mean I'm not committed to you guys.

As long as someone wants to show up and compete... I'll be there. Simple as that. We may not be as fancy as we once were... but I'll find a way to get that database at least on paper so we can calculate handicaps.

This year, we tried something new by merging the Challenge together with Time Attack.... and the first event was a little rocky. I was told that we were going to have our own session, but that didn't pan out. I will be certain to have it very clear in the Saturday morning driver's meeting the details as to what is happening for Focus Challenge.

I want to reiterate. As long as you want to have a Challenge... there will be a Challenge. I'm hoping I'll have a car ready for Spring Mountain and then Fontana.... So you had better watch out!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Todd,

Thanks for the info, I would love to show up and compete with any focus that is at RTA events.

So let try and go back to grass roots and maybe take times from our time attack runs and use some kind of handicap to level the playing field and just have some fun.

Scottish

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I always thought it was pretty cool and wanted to get involved when it first started but military commitments at the time got in the way. Now that I'm in the position to be able to start dipping my toes into racing I've bought a dedicated track car but it's not a Focus. I wouldn't mind taking my SVTF out to a couple events but it will ever see any serious track duty. I used to follow what everyone was doing in SoCal but it seems most of the guys that were around when I bought my first '02 SVTF have moved on to other things, which is a little sad but completely understandable.

BUR_ZX3 said:
When David gave up hosting the site (and why would he? He hasn't been involved in a LONG time... hasn't owned a focus in 3 years IIRC) I was concerned that it would be the end of things.

Fact is: I have the database, but I have no-way on earth of decoding it or recreating it. I don't even know if I could install it into a new site in any way shape or form.
If you ever decided to try working on the web site and need hosting I could probably provide some help with that. I have a business level hosting plan that I was grandfathered in on years ago that I only use nowadays for hosting personal web pictures. My database skills are not so good, but if it's a SQL-based DB and you have an old front end interface to query it I wouldn't think it would be too difficult. Feel free to drop me a PM sometime and I'd be more than happy to help out if I can.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
blackbird.. yes if you have a windows hosting instance with a SQL back-end, that would be all that is required to host it. If you guys need help getting it re-hosted, let me know. I dont mind. As long as I dont have to pay for the monthly hosting, I could find some time to stand up the site again if needed.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Hopefully this next RTA event at Big Willow will produce more Foci.

However i do not believe that i will be in attendance come May 30-31. There is just too much on my plate right now with my military separation, moving to NorCal and registering for school for me to allocate any time to the JCM mobile. :(

As much as i am sad to bring this news, i hope that fellow Focus owners step up and keep the FC alive. Once i get this situation sorted out and my life firmly planted back in California, i will most DEFINITELY be making future RTA/NASA/FC events.

Alan

·
Registered
419 Posts
Scottish!!! How the hell are you? Divorce killed my chances at the challenge. however, I am back and ready to kick some ass!!

·
Registered
566 Posts
blackbird.. yes if you have a windows hosting instance with a SQL back-end, that would be all that is required to host it. If you guys need help getting it re-hosted, let me know. I dont mind. As long as I dont have to pay for the monthly hosting, I could find some time to stand up the site again if needed.
I know I'm the new kid on the block for FC but i did offer to setup hosting a while back in the other thread that you said you were going to take it down. Todd was working on something for it. Still willing and able to do so. :thumbup:

http://forums.focaljet.com/focus-challenge/591634-focus-challenge-going-down.html

1 - 15 of 15 Posts