Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering because I will be buying a supercharger down the line, but want to get everything out of my engine n/a first. I know that I need to keep the stock compresion, but would like a ported cylinder head. or....

is it fairly safe to have a performance shop just port out my stock head?

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
It is stock compresion. You can have either head ported or you can buy one from FS or FC that are already ported. I would go with the FocusSport head before any of the other choices. And they all come with stock compresion unless you order it milled to another level.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought so also. I will probably go with the ford racing head since you don't need to send in your old head. I would like to keep mine to either play with or in case I need to return to stock.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
I though the FS head came milled ups compression to 10.6 to 1
It does come milled. You can custom request an un-decked head from them (and I think this might change now that they're heavily into the FI business.... so you might have to request a decked head soon)

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
The Ford Racing head also comes with larger valves and better springs. These are all new casting and parts not refurbished used parts. For the price they are an great deal. We can also have some custom work done to improve flow. No shop can compete with this setup for flow for the price.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, I'll give you a call.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts