Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I had an iceman.
It was ok.

then I added a cool-flo.
cool-flo+iceman = very nice. Throttle response went way up. but it still bogged in high heat conditions (very sunny days, traffic jams)

Then I traded it all for an AEM.
Performs like the cool-flo/iceman combo, except it doesn't bog in the heat anymore. But the filter does clog now and I stall out :-/ (it's exposed completely because of my bumper.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
You already have a short ram. If you want more power than that gives you the only option is a cold air intake (AEM long tube). Anything else is pretty much the same and wont really be an improvement. Really, i'd just keep the cool flow, you wont get anything else from the other short rams, and the AEM will give you probably like 2-3 hp more. I dont think its worth it. But a different mod instead maybe.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have short ram b4 and change it to iceman. The iceman is better for everyday driving as it don't affect by heat and dirt(cold air). Plus it is silence. It all up to what you need, Iceman give you great low-mid tq and AEM give you higher end.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
The AEM gives high end and low end, i'd like to see a non biased dyno in which a focus with just an intake could outgain the AEM. Here's the non-biased dyno of an AEM CAI with no other mods.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Originally posted by sts-zx3:
max torque loss [email protected]

ouch
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I agree. Most of my normal, stuck in traffic, daily driving is done below 3000 RPMs. No way I'm giving up that much torque. My new iceman goes in tonight.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I know I'll probably get flamed for this but here goes. I ran both the Iceman and an early AEM short ram on one of my cars (same car with both) at the drags, and to be honest with you I got better times running the short ram. Needless to say I tossed the Iceman and now have a Cool Flow. I for one don't care for the "True" CAI's, too much distance for the air to travel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts