Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if someone could tell me if this is a "2000" intake or not, if so, whats it worth to someone? Its just sitting spare now.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
What are the distinguishing features?

What would my Focus built 06/2000 likely have on it?

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
uhhh the only thing I can distinguish between the 2000 and the 2001 manifold is on the 2001 there is an unused bolt hole and some other unused stuff at the top left corner when looking at it from the front of the car..

mine doesnt have it stuff..so mine is a 2000

besides mine was built April of 2000

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Originally posted by icemanZX3:
uhhh the only thing I can distinguish between the 2000 and the 2001 manifold is on the 2001 there is an unused bolt hole and some other unused stuff at the top left corner when looking at it from the front of the car..

mine doesnt have it stuff..so mine is a 2000

besides mine was built April of 2000
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">you have to look inside each manifold side by side to see how much better the early manifolds flow....really is noticable..

·
Registered
398 Posts
damn i got you beat on the youngest date your was built in April of 2000 mine is August 1999
ohhh crap... You got a plastic valve cover????
Or metal??? mine is metal and I polished it.

·
Registered
398 Posts
?????? wait a minute what is this??????

[ 11-26-2002, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: Team-Black ]

·
Registered
398 Posts
actually that motor look very similar to the guys that lives next to me smercury mystic it those funny looking rod sticking up on either side of the throttle body
. weird is that a focus motor at all because that doesn't look like a focus 2.0 16 valve Zetec at all. What what in the hell type motor is that???? By the look of it that throttle body has been on the car for a good while can we say looks stock, ok its metal. Now can every one recall what is a focus stock throttle body made of???? Black ABS plastic so thats fur sure not a focus motor.

Looks like a contour motor or a Mercury Mystic
I think those are the same motors any way.
so whats up with this pick????
Whats the motor???? God and another thing if it a focus motor whats up with that oil cap place???
in fact the whole vavle cover is not even shaped right to be a focus motor...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mate, after comming up with every reason in the book why it cant be a focus motor
, your quiet right, its a UK Spec Zetec E, 2.0 16v.

Very similar indeed, lsightly different bottom end, single peice sump, same head & cams etc etc though the Focus' (Zetec R) motor has solid lifters, this has hydraulic. Also, as you also spotted, they have slightly different cam covers

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Countour being the Mondeo right? Correct

No VCT no mate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts