Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to locate a part and want to know if this is a valid part number...any help is greatly appreciated since finding this part will save me $$$

98AB-13733-ABW

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
yeah it didn't come up at oemfordparts or fordpartsonline either

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
actually lookin at it further..

the beginning 98AB looks like it belongs at the end... the first 4 are usually either Yxxx or 2xxx for our cars...

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
98AB looks good for a prefix, looks like a European part.

13733 looks decent for a base part number.

ABW does not make sense. The suffix should always be 2 letters, never 3.

You probably won't find it because it's an engineering number, and you need the service number.

Usually the only difference is a Z in the prefix. Like that might become 98AZ for service.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually lookin at it further..

the beginning 98AB looks like it belongs at the end... the first 4 are usually either Yxxx or 2xxx for our cars...
The part in question is the plastic frame that the dome light assembly snaps into.

The piece broke on mine and when I examined it, all I could find was the alpha-numeric string I posted...

Someone in the Interior Mods section stated it should be easy to take the piece to the dealership and order a new one, but I tried that and the parts guy said it's part of the headliner and a new one would cost $380

If you could find a part number for that, I'd appreciate it because I cannot fathom why they want $380 for a part is CLEARLY a seperate piece...

Here's a pic of it:
(You can see the frame that the clear domelight assembly fits into)

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
under the collision catalog at fordparts.com... click on roof, interior trim, dome lamp assy, front... its $18.58

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
under the collision catalog at fordparts.com... click on roof, interior trim, dome lamp assy, front... its $18.58
Thanks, but that isn't it. It's the lens/bulb assembly, not the plastic frame the domelight assembly snaps into.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
that is an engineering/stamping number, not the actual ford part number. your local ford dealer parts dept. can cross-reference this number and supply you with the actual part number.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that is an engineering/stamping number, not the actual ford part number. your local ford dealer parts dept. can cross-reference this number and supply you with the actual part number.
I called the parts department at the dealership that initially wanted $380.00 for a new headliner.

I gave them the engineering/stamping number and the part number for the domelight bezel is YS4Z13733AAC

It costs less than $6.00

Talk about feeling relieved....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts