Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
yess..I think thats the AEM knock off right? same performance way less money..I would do it..

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
you gotta love EBAY

that intake actaully looks really nice, its a AEM knockoff for 1/3 the price, even has a nice coating on it

DEFINETLY DO IT

·
Registered
25 Posts
From the auction:

*** GAIN AT LEAST 15 ++ HP / SIMILAR TORQUE ***
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Uhhh...yeah right. Besides the blatent lies it looks decent. I don't trust ebay sellers though

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have that intake and its an excellent piece. I had to modify it to work with my huge 9 inch by 5 inch at the base K&N cone but i would recommend a filter upgrade if you get this kit. The filter that comes with it is crap. I had to chop the bottem pipe about 4 inches to get it to fit correctly with my big cone because it fits close to the front left fender. you probably have 5 to 6 inches of mounting clearence for a filter as a refrence without modifying it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Does anyone know if this will work on the SVT? It says all 2.0's but we all know that is not necessarily true.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
that one will not work on the SVT.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I have this intake. It looks like a quality piece. Everything comes with it...hose , tubing, filter, clamps. Great value! I haven't installed the intake yet.

·
Registered
328 Posts
obx??? not good in my opinion. wait a little longer and get the aem.

·
Registered
316 Posts
It's a good piece but i was stuck trying to figure out what the torx # it was and had it for about 2 days then went to autozone and found out it was a safety torx # 20 you have to buy the part. but it is ok my cousin has an AEM cai on his crx and he said himself he doesn't feel a difference. Remember the AEM stickers get you an extra 10hp and 7 tq. so go AEM........

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hey easy on the AEM! I had the same mind set as alot of you guy's about the AEM before acctually trying it. I never would have even considered buying it if it hadn't fallen into my lap. But it did give me legit power gains, I ran my car at the Drag's one weekend and pulled a 16.3 at 82 mph, after the AEM I ran a 16 flat at 84mph so it does make a difference. And the knock off looks like basicaly the same thing as the way overpriced AEM but I too would swap out the filter for a larger K&N. Well there's my .02

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just ordered that intake last week. Hopefully, it does better than just my K/N filter itself.

·
Registered
420 Posts
This is the Bomz Racing kit. I just purchased this + an AEM bypass valve from an eBay auction and I'm thrilled. I put it on w/ my HKS exhuast and the car pulls considerably harder now.

That kit includes almost everything you need and it's EXACTLY the same as the AEM kit, except about $200 cheaper. Just beware, before you rip your car apart that you'll need a Torx 20 bit w/ a hole in the middle to get your MAF off the stock airbox. That's the only element the AEM kit includes that this one doesn't so if that's worth 200 bucks to you then get the AEM.
When I installed mine, we ended up having to drive to Shucks and they gave us the bit for free so not a huge loss.

I'd go for it if I were you...

-jesse

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've hadmine installed forabout a month now and it is really worth the 85 or so dollars for it. Besides the fact that the mounts broke off mine, no big deal

G

·
0 Posts
I bought something similar to that with polish finish. The quality seems to be just perfect except that cheapo cone filter

A friend of mine who bought AEM for his car was like " dude, u got AEM too ?" and I told him "yeah, but mine is better because it costs me $85 shipped"

I'm still not sure if I have to wait until the rain season stops before installing this. Any tips from any of you who has intalled CAI ? Btw, it looks like I need 2 more screws to mount the intake piece ?

=dRe=

·
Registered
217 Posts
i was thinking about getting one of these cai's also but i was wondering if anybody would recomend me also buying the AEM bypass valve cause i live in florida and when it rains we tend to have a lot of standing water so would it probably suck in a hole lot of water and if that is likly would the bypass valve solve the problem for the most part other then totally driveing threw 2 foot of water

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Isn't it interesting that all of the people who OWN AND have installed it have had at least one problem if not more...?
They all "Dealt with it", Buuutttttt.......
Nearly the only 100% satisfied people haven't installed it yet....

·
Registered
194 Posts
it is better to spend the extra money on the good stuff now rather then spend 100 bucks plus any extra filter you might need. so you might be looking at 140 bucks for a knock off intake. well i would rather spend 200 bucks or so for the aem witch you can get a by pass vlave for during the rainy season and not have to worry about it. if it is an obx intake don't buy that cheap crap cause it doesn't work for s**t. and brand name does matter on car parts i don't car what anyone says unless it comes from dynoman himself

·
Registered
420 Posts
Originally posted by MichaelXi:
Isn't it interesting that all of the people who OWN AND have installed it have had at least one problem if not more...?
They all "Dealt with it", Buuutttttt.......
Nearly the only 100% satisfied people haven't installed it yet....

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I've installed it and the only problem I had was the missing bit which isn't a problem w/ the item because it's not advertised to come with it. If I had checked everything prior to the install it wouldn't have been a problem.

Besides that, I'm 100% satisfied.

-jesse

1 - 20 of 25 Posts