Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mods below..

I played a bit with this guy that claimed he had a stock 2.0 just like mine, it was stick, still had the lunchbox in the back, but I didn't see under the hood. On 1st and 2nd I just barely, I mean barely pulled away from him, and then I stopped cause I didn't want to go passed the speed limit.

The only thing I noticed is that he had much better rubber then me, cause they actually screetched when he launched and took off. My stockies sometimes spin without even dumping the clutch, all it takes is WOT, and make absolutely no grip type noise...

Now his car made a funny BOV type noise, but it wasn't the whistle that is usually made by a CAI.

Can tires make such a difference..? Or even after all these mods is my car that little faster then stock...? Or, was this guy BSing me...?

And for all you funny guys, can't prove much on [FJ], but I drive pretty descent..

·
Registered
507 Posts
yes possible , and alot of mods are geared toward the higher rpms. where you might not have got.
and driver has alot i mean alot to do with it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know driver has to do a lot with it. This guy was good, but too nervous, he missed 3rd, if we would of kept going he was out...

Man I gots to get me some tires...

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
You mentioned the BOV noise....

My Steeda intake actually does make a BOV type of sound when I'm pushing the car hard & shifting in the higher revs

Only at mid RPMs does it make the whistle, and it's very very brief

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was a 2005 hatch, 2.3 N/A...

I think it was slightly modded and he was bsing me. I'll find him again.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
It was a 2005 hatch, 2.3 N/A...
No such thing, unless he's performed an engine swap.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
I think by N/A, he meant "Not Available".
Well, then...

Nevermind. I was thinking "naturally aspirated".

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think by N/A, he meant "Not Available".
Yes he did, pretty confusing though huh...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts