Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I went to take off my stock ZX3 bumper and was following the Haynes Manual I have here (since I've never done body work on the car before and wanted to make sure I didn't miss any bolts).

Well, I take out the screws and unclip the clips and carefully pull on the bumper. It's jammed a bit, so I try to see what it's caught on. Couldn't find anything so I pulled a little harder and SNAP! Apparently there are mounting brackets of some sort behind the bumper on both sides? Well, one is broken now. Are they different for the SVT anyway?

I put the bumper on anyway just to test fit, and I noticed the bumper is much longer, which won't allow the OEM mounting pins/bracket to attach the bumper to the fenderwell.

I looked for other parts required for the installation, but everyone said it was a direct bolt-on. Any help appreciated!

·
Registered
857 Posts
no idea man

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
I know on the top corner of the sides there is a white, round clip that snaps into the body. Your SVT bumper should have the same snap posts.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I called Steve at Tousley Ford (FJ Sponsor) and he checked it all over for me. The mounting brackets/plates are the same from the SVT and ZX3, however you will need extensions to mount the bottom of the SVT bumper to the ZX3 mounting plates.
He hooked me up with everything I need plus a few extra fasteners! Good stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts