Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to show you my car now.... (Ignore the dirty wheels)

And what will be put on this weekend. I can't wait. It's going to look sweet!!!

I will post pics when it is on next week I hope.

Thank you Brett!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Re: I\'m naked

That bumper is gonna look great on there! What did you paint it with? Spray can or air gun? Type of paint and primer? Looking Good!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Re: Check out my front end.

Those wheels are cool. I like the bumper too

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

That bumper is gonna look great on there! What did you paint it with? Spray can or air gun? Type of paint and primer? Looking Good!
That looks to be a bonafied paint booth, so I'm guessing air gun. Am I right?
I believe it was with an air gun. And my friend is painting it for me in his garage. Can't wait to see it this weekend.!!!!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

No offense dude, but anybody who sprays a bumper with a spray can should be shot. I sprayed the primer with MY HVLP gun and then broke it, so I sprayed the color coat with SoundQ's gun. The primer,color,and clear are all laquer based....Its all PPG stuff...More pics to follow after we install it. Peace

Lox

·
Registered
1,087 Posts

Damn.

Too bad you're out in Kansas because nobody around here can do a good (not great) paint job.

Nice work!!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

What are you wanting painted? You could always think about shipping it here...I might be able to do something for you...just depends on how much free time I have...Peace

Lox

·
Registered
2,907 Posts

i dont see the corilation between the naked title and the actual post
. but hey i could be naked! wana chat
. any ways nice car. that bumper will look hot

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Re: Its finished

Well here are the final pre-install pics....More to come monday...Peace

4 coats of clear, then a wet sand with 1000 and a final wet sand light with 2000, 2 coats of meguires polish and a coat of 3m glaze....Wax and cleaning can't be done for about 60-90 days....Peace

Lox

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I can't wait. And damn hoosier, wash that damn number off your windshield.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

Here are some of the post-install pics...More can be found tomm in the exterior mods thread...Peace

Lox

·
Banned
3,061 Posts

Here are some of the post-install pics...More can be found tomm in the exterior mods thread...Peace

Lox

·
Registered
329 Posts

Hey Blox, whered you get that tight bumper? Im in love with it. I wonder if you might be interested in a pair of HID's I just got. (yes I now have pair for sale) Got anymore bumpers on hand ?

The HID's do need the VW wiring harness, but the factory plug on the back of the lights are there. Wanna do some haggling?

·
Registered
378 Posts

WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE HIDS?!

·
Registered
6,296 Posts

Love the RS but the paint match is definitly off. Who cares tho, still looks sick
are you serious? i looked at every single picture and the paint match looks great to me

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

The paint match is not as off as you think. Her car has not been POLISHED in a while and the RS has FRESH paint, it will fade down a little and it will aslo shine up more once it receives a coat of wax, which it can't have for 60-90 days, and like I said I'm no pro, but if you could do better i'd like to see...Peace

Lox

1 - 20 of 39 Posts