Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking at a few con filter options for the JRSC BBK...Saw this ITG foam filter from focus sport, looks pretty cool. It's got the heat shield with a rubber strip that comes in contact with the hood, this would seem to work like the SVT airbox to help keep charge temps down i think. Also anyone know if it will 1. lean out the reflash since it's just a filter. 2. you think ill be able to hear the whine? Just curious researching my options!

Q

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
its likely to lean it out. Its a VERY GOOD investment (and just upgrading to an ITG Filter over the stock K&N Filter that the FocusSport SC Kit provides adds a TON of power... but yes it definately requires adjustment to the tune.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Are these not MAF equipped vehicles?? Why would it lean it out?

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
I would bet you just need more volume before the MAF... it has to be due to the fact that the filter is so close to the MAF, because "theoretically" the MAF should see more airflow and put more fuel in. I guess that's why they are just "theories" hehe

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
You can swap the current K&N filter we have on the blower for the VR6 ITG and well, the power goes up. Now, as was noted, it's leaner, but even after I put more fuel back in, the power is still there. You already figured it out though- run the biggest filter you can.

I think the filter on your SVT is the biggest I've ever seen.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Yes but I did it to compensate for other shortcomings, not for performance

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
SHORTcomings... get it SHORT... Bela... Short!
bwaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhahah

1 - 11 of 11 Posts