Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It\'s almost time for Targa Newfoundland! *56k warn

Well, just over one month to go. I personally think this is THE coolest motorsports event on the continent, bar none. It's basically a tarmac rally taking place over a whole week, on paved roads, on a beautiful island filled with wonderful people.

I SOOOO want to do this. The entry fee is so steep though. $4500. Ouch.
Hopefully some day I can do it.

Oh, here's the link, check it out:

http://www.targanewfoundland.com/index.htm

There are some REALLY cool cars registered:

I know this guy!

A Delta Integrale!!!

RUF!

Here's the scenery:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Re: It\'s almost time for Targa Newfoundland! *56k warn

Thanks for the Photos. One of the best kept secrets in North America. It is another world in Newfoundland! This is were fellow Focu-Jet member Slomo94 was born!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts

I saw the higlights from last years race on TV on OLN last weekend and man does that ever look like a blast! It would be awesome to try once you get over the entry fee and the fact that I'd have to drive to the other side of the continent.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I'd love to call Craig and ask if I could just crew for him. Just gimme a piece of floor on the motorhome, I'll bring all my tools, could be great. But alas, I'm getting married and our "honeymoon" is going to be September 3rd-10th. So this wouldn't go over too well.

Maybe next year.

I was thinking, maybe I could try to raise enough sponsorship money to pay the entry fee? $4500CDN isn't that much for sponsorship, and it's nationally televised...

·
Banned
17,312 Posts

I saw the higlights from last years race on TV on OLN last weekend and man does that ever look like a blast! It would be awesome to try once you get over the entry fee and the fact that I'd have to drive to the other side of the continent.
I've Got it On Tape!!!

Rob,
Congrats on the Wedding!
Any Little ones in YOUR Future??

·
Registered
5,446 Posts

damn b, getting married...congrats. The rollcage plans in deference to her
?

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks guys. Yeah, we'll have little go-cart racers in a few years. Tina wants them right away, but we've decided to wait about two years. I want to take her skiing out west, and maybe to Europe before we "settle down" too much.

Mike: how long was the show? It'd be great if you could mail it to me so I could watch it and send it back. I never got to see the footage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts