Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I KNEW I COULD PROVE THE FOCUS SUCKS!
heres the proof!

117hp and 126lb/ft with cold air intake, aem cam gears,fs race header,fs flex pipe, and full exhaust!

focus = POS!

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
yyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeesssssssss the focus does suck the fat one!

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Your Focus sucks

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
im thinkin he does have a auto, cuz i got similar (all tho higher hp) when i hit the dyno last year...i had AEM CAI,Borla,FC cam gears, pulleys, 65mm throttle body...on my auto, but yeh mine was a bit higher, you gotta fix your timing or there is som leak where you are losing HP cuz you've got to have more than me if im running a stock header and cat on and auto!!!and yours better be an auto or or Focus really doz SUCK!!!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
funny, now put the 4th spark plug back in

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
zx3Steve14: If the Focus sucks,then why the hell did you buy it in the first place? Take it back and buy something else and quit ya bitching about how the focus sucks.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
^lol
couldn't have said it better

·
Banned
227 Posts
I feel sorry bro, I've seen stock Focuses with better numbers. NO offense!

Theres got to be a leak or something. I say reinstall those cam gears, make sure they're installed right, and snoop around for leaks.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Sounds like some tuning is order, as well as exhaust leak or vacuum leak investigation. Those numbers are a bit low for the mods listed.

Were the Cam Gears installed locked at TDC and tuned on a Dyno?

Oh yeah. If you don't like the car, sell it. The 2.0L DOHC motor is NOT going to make mad power with bolt ons, just improvements. IF you want real power, with go Turbo and/or SC, or but a new car.

[ 02-23-2003, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: poSSumX ]

·
Registered
436 Posts
Your HP curve is way too bumpy, and your torque builds too slowly. Something isn't right in Fordville.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Hey guys.....he has a 5spd. aint that sad???

·
Registered
411 Posts
My Focus Dyno'd worse than that with:
FS Cool Flow, FC TB, JBA shorty, empty stock cat, Ess UDP, and pace setter exhaust.

That was like 114hp.

You don't see me griping about how the car sucks!!
I know there is room for improvement and am willing to work with the car till I get what I want out of it.
If you don't want to do that. Sell your car and get a different one.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
lololol
he has a 5speed?...dam some justice for us auto's, hey dont check anything, dont fix anything...its good the way it is!!! you make me go from a autotragic to automagic
...CAN WE RACE?

-chris

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Originally posted by CTZX3:
is it an automatic?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Originally posted by jptech2004:
Hey guys.....he has a 5spd. aint that sad???

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
hey faggit...why didnt you spray like i told you to?

Im telling you the focus aint **** without some cams, boost or n2o...dont **** with bolt on ****

PS...you might also have ****y cam gear tuning and/or your engine, check your compression since youve been running all that n2o

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Originally posted by CrUziN4L:
lololol
he has a 5speed?...dam some justice for us auto's, hey dont check anything, dont fix anything...its good the way it is!!! you make me go from a autotragic to automagic
...CAN WE RACE?

-chris

1 - 20 of 44 Posts