Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It\'s finally on!!!

Well I finally have my YoDude exhaust (Magnaflow muffler) and Kamikaze Race Header fitted.
2.5" system, no cat.

Only problem is that US cars have deeper rear bumpers than UK ones, so the exhaust sticks out about 3.5" inches too far at the back (and hence makes the car look like a tank travelling backwards). Not a problem though as it just needs the tip cutting off, a 3.5" section of pipe taking out and rewelding the tip back on.

Put the car on the dyno (also has a Viper filter and a 65mm Throttle Body) and got 146bhp at 6,270rpm and 143lb/ft at about 4,400rpm.

Stock is 115bhp and 118lb/ft.
Not bad for a 1.8 with 80,000 miles on the clock.

It now sounds like a rally car (and as loud) with lots of popping and banging noises on over-run.

Problem is it's realistically way too loud, illegally loud. What can be done to quieten it down?
I am tempted to get a sports cat welded in to solve my emissions problem, but will this help quieten it down?
I'd like to keep the popping and banging on overrun though.

The sound seems to resonate too, can anytihng be done about that?

[ 01-07-2003, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: FocusGhiaFFOC ]

·
Registered
944 Posts
Re: It\'s finally on!!!

you can get a magnaflow resonator to have welded into the large long section of the pipe and that will quiet it down considerably. try calling an exhaust shop around you and ask how much to get a resonator to queit it down some will cost ya and it shouldn't be too much. A new cat will quite it down some too though so that would help it out too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts