Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It\'s the venom fuel pump a bolt on?

My fuel pump is going bad and going fast... I dont wanna cut anything to fit a new one... I know the FC fuel pump is not... Is the venom a bolt on?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Re: It\'s the venom fuel pump a bolt on?

From what I understand from looking at venom's products, they make one specifically for the focus. Shouldn't be too difficult to call them if you wanted their pro opinion. I have looked into their fuel pump when I thought mine was going out, and when it finally does...going straight to Venom.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts

Originally posted by ViLFernando:
My fuel pump is going bad and going fast... I dont wanna cut anything to fit a new one... I know the FC fuel pump is not... Is the venom a bolt on?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I talked to nader of Focus-Central the other night and he was saying that they are going to come out w/ a new fuel pump that will be a direct bolt in. Did not state what the ET was on this one.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts

I thought the VENOM fuel pump was just a rebadged OEM fuel pump? Im hoping FC will scootch along and get that direct bolt on one going soon...

·
Registered
406 Posts

The venom pump only works on the older model fuel sending units. the 2000s that is, you will have to cut off the plug that goes into the pump and solder the ends to the pump connectors. You will also have to make sure that the pump makes a tight seal at the top of the sending unit or else it won't function properly. I tried this and never got the stupid thing to work right. I ended up just buying a new stock pump and sending unit from FC. They saved me once again.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks for the responses

The problem on getting a stock fuel pump again is that is costs almos 100 bucks more.....

·
Registered
406 Posts

Originally posted by ViLFernando:
Thanks for the responses

The problem on getting a stock fuel pump again is that is costs almos 100 bucks more.....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It will be around $250.00 unless you want to pay less for just the pump. PM me for details....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts