Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I\'ve Had It....

Here we go again guys can someone tell me what the heck is going on??? Ok so for the last few weeks at around 55-65mph my car shakes violently, so I thought it was an alignment thing and was thinking nothing of it well I come outside today and green stuff is dripping from the engine going all the way down the driveway, so my dad and I take a look at it and the 3 bolts beside the distributor it looks like antifreeze coming from the bottom one, so my dad tightens it up we crank up the car the it sound like h*ll, its skipping, and missing, and everything else, so I untighten the bolt and it does it worst!!!!! So now Im really getting pissed, I tigthen it back up and no more leaks, my sister comes home and almost all the antifreeze has leaked out but not from the bolt this time, so im looking and looking and looking, get under the car and the transmission is where all of it is coming from, one single bolt holding on the bell of the transmission, now guys help me out what do I do, I dont know what is going on, the CEL is also on too, please help, anyone...

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
Re: I\'ve Had It....

you dont have a distributor so I guess you mean coil pack. the thing you tightened sounds like the thermostat housing. how do you get coolant in the tranny?
why is there only one bolt holding the bell together?
I'd be worried about messed up gears and possibly blown head gasket. not sure how but then again, I dont know how any of your problems started! what I would do is drain the transmission and flush it about 3 times. change the oil and look for signs of coolant in it. If you see coolant, take off the head and replace the gasket. flush the oil thru a few times to try to remove as much coolant as you can. tighten the thermostat housing and fill with coolant. let it sit and watch for leaks. then run it and see what happens.

Oh yeah, get more bolts for the transmission.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

The fluid sounds like tranny fluid

·
Registered
7,351 Posts

The only fluid that is green is antifreeze. You still have any kind of warranty left?

·
Registered
406 Posts

The only fluid that is green is antifreeze. You still have any kind of warranty left?
Bro I hope you do still have a warranty. Sorry man

1 - 6 of 6 Posts