Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the level of difficulty .. and does anyone have any detailed instructions or pics ?

this weekend i won a jackson racing tshirt and hooked agaon won a spi bdr udp .. he has a supercharger i have an spi ..
he claims fair trade and hooked me up

anyhoo now i have a bdr udp and have no clue how hard and how to install ..
a list of tools and or instructuions and ppice would be great

is there any real benifits with this btw ?
all i got is a 2000 spi auto with intake and exhaust ..

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
What's up?

The UDP isn't that bad, I've done it and didn't even have power tools, air compressor, or anything.

Check the sticky post called the "Cliffnotes..." and there SHOULD be a link under the UDP section leading to an instruction thread...

Benefit wise: Mixed reviews. Some say yes, others say no, but I on the other hand, feel EXTRAORDINARY power from every little mod I do. Reason being: if I didn't feel power, I couldn't justify having bought said items.

Good luck!

·
Tarderatoraka: Red-SE-00'
7,592 Posts
Basically...
Just take the old one off and put the new one back on!!

haha...jk jk.

You will need a new belt for this...one that is shorter.

But check out the old cliffnotes post and see what the dillio is.

hehe

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Sometimes I think the cliffnotes are invisible. I should have titled it hot lesbian chicks making out instead. Even zetecer's would know how to change an spi udp then.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
heres a quick how to. remove the passenger side front wheel. remove the splash guard. using a 5/8 socket wrench (or 1/2 inch if your car is a freak like mine) move the drive belt tensionertowards the rear of the car and remove the drive belt. remove the plastic shroud covering the crank pulley. disconnect the coil pack and pull the fuse for the fuel pump. set the wrench to loosen and place it on the crank pulley bolt. having disconnected the coil and fuel pump (very important) crank the starter for just a second or two. the wrench will hit the frame and the bolt will give. now you can take off the pulley and replace it with the new one. when putting in the bolt, put some loctite on the threads and tighten it as best you can. if you have a chain wrench to hold the pulley while you tighten, all the better. put the new shorter drive belt on, replace the fuel pump fuse and reattatch the coil pack wiring harness. put all the plastic and wheel back on. now you are ready for your test run.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Not that you guys didn't know this already but...I am an ass, I checked the notes and there is no how-to. I could have sworn I did one at one time.
Sorry chrome.

Thanks for the write-up txfo.
I'm going to add it to the notes for future reference.

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not that you guys didn't know this already but...I am an ass, I checked the notes and there is no how-to. I could have sworn I did one at one time.
Sorry chrome.

Thanks for the write-up txfo.
I'm going to add it to the notes for future reference.
uhhhhhhhh huh

i told you i searched

·
Tarderatoraka: Red-SE-00'
7,592 Posts
Sometimes I think the cliffnotes are invisible. I should have titled it hot lesbian chicks making out instead. Even zetecer's would know how to change an spi udp then.
refresh f00!!
haha

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
@ sitn

lol gabe, for changing the cliffnotes title.
I say F it! I'm leaving it that way! Roll's of the tongue much better than the old title.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts