Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Jackson Racing Supercharger on my 2001 Zetec for about a year and a half. All of a sudden it started doing some very odd stuff.

A) It feels like it has lost all its power.
B) It will sometimes die under harder cornering like it’s running out of gas and then kick back in when you start to go straight.
Anyone else had this problem?

Mike S

·
Banned
5,338 Posts
sounds like it might be the fuel pump maybe? you did get the recall right?

·
Registered
892 Posts
ummm yea... 00-01 foci have a fuel pump recall and those are the exact symptoms

·
Banned
926 Posts
Sounds like Fuel Pump.

·
Registered
84 Posts
same thing happened to me...fuel pump!

·
Registered
287 Posts
same thing happened to me...fuel pump!
It even happened to me. I'm so busy on a daily basis that I forgot to get the fuel pump upgrade from Ford before we started on the BBK. When I originally tested it at FocusSport with Randy it was obvious the engine was running lean on the top end. Then it occured to me that I had neglected to remember to have the fuel pump upgrade installed. Since the upgrade I've had no problems. So, yes, it happens to all of us!

·
Registered
409 Posts
add another fuel pump victim to the list. Philip once said it was actually the intake area for the pump that got clogged due to poor design, but whatever it is you can take it back to the dealer and have it repaired/replaced for free. Has your boost level dropped? If it hasn't then it's definitely the pump; if it has the actual M45 itself has a problem. I had a defect in the 1st JRSC I got - it would only boost 1 lb. They replaced it and I got the normal 4.5 lbs. Take your car to the dealer and have them fix the fuel pump first though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts