Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a J R T B on my fungus today, the base is diiferent than stock and it ran really poor. It would stay at a high idle then drop to a stumble. Does anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
it might be the throttle cable. why didnt you just get the FC TB or just bore you stock TB? thanks for the warning

·
Registered
222 Posts
the JR TB is the FC TB that has been rebadged. as for the the high rpm hang did you bore the intake manifold? if so do you have a 5-speed or auto? if 5-speed it is your flywheel it holds the rpms because it is so heavy. a lightened flywheel and a ported TB will make it rev like a sport bike, no hangs what so ever.
hope this helps
-geoff

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
hmmm...its rebadged?....looks like the JR has a better spring and a few other things...weird

·
Registered
606 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by redneckZX3:
the JR TB is the FC TB that has been rebadged. -geoff<hr></blockquote>

Where did you find this information? In looking at the pics of the JR TB it looks to have a CNC'd throttle lever, unlike the FC TB. There also seems to be a slight lip on the opening of the JR whereas the FC is smooth. There are some other minor differences in the body as well.
IMHO, this is not a simple, re-badged FC TB.

Mike...bring it on up to Motown and we'll tinker with it!

[ 09-02-2002: Message edited by: Hooked Again ]</p>

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the saga still continues. I went up to shaun and will's shop (phordman), to see if I am brain dead on the throtle body. They agree with me that the base is totaly different than my stock one, ( the o ring) and also noticed that the butterfly is not centered in the T.B.. May be this is the problem that it runs so poorly.
So I mailed it back to jackson racing to see if it was miss boxed. They said that Im the first one to purchace one. I guess we will see what happens?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Curious to see how much you paid for it.

Mike why didn't you just call me I would have hooked you up?

·
White Elephant Husband
3,222 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by redneckZX3:
the JR TB is the FC TB that has been rebadged. as for the the high rpm hang did you bore the intake manifold? if so do you have a 5-speed or auto? if 5-speed it is your flywheel it holds the rpms because it is so heavy. a lightened flywheel and a ported TB will make it rev like a sport bike, no hangs what so ever.
hope this helps
-geoff
<hr></blockquote>

I dont think it is a rebadged FC... The FC bodies are CNCed by Black Diamond Racing. Im sure that Oscar would do these himself or have them done by someone else... Ask Kris, Im sure she knows..

·
Registered
606 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by djvash:
How much does the JR TB cost? Can I get it anywhere other than direct from JR?<hr></blockquote>

You can start with these...JR Dealers

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, it went back to J.R.. The tech guy said that there is nothing wrong with it. I guess Im just a stupid Greyhound driver that dosent know jack?
The tech guy said that I said it wouldnt fit my zx3,what? But he then said it works better with their supercharger set up and not for an everyday driver. They said they were going to refund my money.They also said that they are going to have a catalog by the end of the year with goodies for the focus.
Their fit and finish needs work. Well for starters they need to put in the box instructions on how to install it and to tune it because I didnt get any.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts