Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an upgrade to the pully of the SVTF Jackson Racing Supercharger?

I spoke to jackson racing, they aren't aware of one.

I'm looking to increase the boost from 6lbs to 8 or even 10.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where did the guy get his 12 pound pulleys from...i seen the video of a red svt with 12 pounds on the JRSC
u can get them made .. i'm getting 8, 10 and 12 lbs pulleys for mine ..

i'm using the greddy e-manage to tune the fuel map and replacing the stock jrsc computer .

·
Registered
751 Posts
where did the guy get his 12 pound pulleys from...i seen the video of a red svt with 12 pounds on the JRSC

i'm using the greddy e-manage to tune the fuel map and replacing the stock jrsc computer .
You make it sound like its that simple

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

You make it sound like its that simple
we have some other tricks up thee ol' sleeve
.. it will be a purchaseable kit .. i'll let u all know

·
Registered
109 Posts
DJ, aren't you the same guy that told us a Diablo chip, or the likes thereof, would be available in the near future? This being about, oh, I'd say 9 months ago?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DJ, aren't you the same guy that told us a Diablo chip, or the likes thereof, would be available in the near future? This being about, oh, I'd say 9 months ago?
yah that was us .. the chip was a failure .
the greddy e-manage is going on tommorow .
the jrsc was dyno'd on a Mustang Dyno 152 HP @ 5 lbs boost . the highest i've had it is 8.5 lbs but no dyno for that . it was on the highway .

i'm real upset with the jrsc fuel management "injector dump" idea . detect boost, open injectors .. ARGH . so gas milleage is MISERABLE and the JSRC makes us run REAL rich . it really stinks ..

we'll fix that asap

·
Registered
643 Posts
the jrsc was dyno'd on a Mustang Dyno 152 HP @ 5 lbs boost .
I realize its a Mustang, but 152hp

Something is very wrong here
I agree. I was dynoed on a mustang dyno and got 188hp and 146 tq with 5.28 psi...

·
Registered
269 Posts
i'm real upset with the jrsc fuel management "injector dump" idea . detect boost, open injectors .. ARGH . so gas milleage is MISERABLE and the JSRC makes us run REAL rich...
Considering the JRSC kit is the least intrusive FI system I've seen, it's not such a bad idea. Regardless, I feel your pain...I knew mileage would suffer, but even if I driver real nice, it still sucks.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
in the FI forum there is a thread going about custom pullies and people who make them.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
one suggestion i have for anyone with the JRSC is to get a boost gauge .. when you're driving to save fuel, try to keep the pressure at 0 PSI .

also, as far as my 152 hp .. that's not a bad # .. because the dyno must be off a bit. the same day a stock 200 hp prelude dyno'd 139 . that's a 66% loss . at 152hp + 66% that's 250 .. which is about right ..

so this mustang dyno must be off a bit .. it still flies . it's real quick .

we're doing the e-manage HOPEFULLY tonight .

here are specs on the car: 02 svt focus

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
my replacement also controls the injectors directly . and fuel is saved because the JRSC fuel "dumper" opens EVERY injector . so you use twice as much fuel .

after a wideband dyno run . the jrsc is REAL rich . u don't even wanna know!

we can get a lot more power out of it by leaning the mixture up with better control .

i'm real upset with the jrsc fuel management "injector dump" idea . detect boost, open injectors .. ARGH . so gas milleage is MISERABLE and the JSRC makes us run REAL rich...
Considering the JRSC kit is the least intrusive FI system I've seen, it's not such a bad idea. Regardless, I feel your pain...I knew mileage would suffer, but even if I driver real nice, it still sucks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts