Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Not For Street Use)
This is the motor taht pushed a station wagon Focus to break the world Land speed record. OOOOHHHHHH POWER!

[ 09-16-2002, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: RushPerformance ]

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I really like the reynolds aluminum foil heat shield!!!
Wasnt the "land speed record" something like 140mph???
Doesnt a stock svt do that?
Maybe Im wrong, but it seems like alot of money was spent on this car to get it to 240hp.

Terry

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The are called, (I don't know how to spell it os I'll write it fanetically), Dual Side Draft Mah-Coo-Knees) Basically, it sucks the air in, squirts in the fuel, and off you go!

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
um...i hit 135 in my car going down a freeway for a while until i got off...are you sure its 140mph was the record? That sounds fairly weak

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
yea i'm with naz on this one...140 seems a little low

304 Posts
call me crazy, but if im correct, the land speed record for a motor driven car is like 456 mph. (btw, the pic isnt showin up for me)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
land speed records are done in classes (by engine size)Here is the cut/paste from their own site.

San Diego, August 17, 2000 – JBA Racing and its 2001 Ford Focus set a new land speed record for G-Production vehicles when it averaged 141.803 mph at the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah.

thec ar was up for auction on Ebay awhile ago, it must not have sold!!!

Terry

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Originally posted by nazthug:
um...i hit 135 in my car going down a freeway for a while until i got off...are you sure its 140mph was the record? That sounds fairly weak
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i got my car to 110 going downhill on the freeway with the wind at my back
Fast
Only
Rolling
Downhill

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
the Wagon hit an AVERAGE of 141 MPH on a few runs...

plus a Focus WAGON probably isnt in the same class as a Focus ZX3.

Now I am sure the class that the ZX3 would be in, would have a higher average MPH.

besides..thats pretty damn good for a wagon..Focus or not.

plus..that wagon is running an Electromotive TEC II...gives me hope on how to install mine.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
i dont get it , that car was on full race trim, special tires, special aero stuff, heavy duty engine work and 141???????

WTF?

I could COMFORTABLY cruise at 125mph..and ive hit 130's on long stretches, just doesnt seem very high to me

but hey,,,im just talking, not that i really care or does it matter, top speed never interested me

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
okay, first things first the Focus Wagon has the best aerodynamics of the group, which isnt by much, a stock Focus had the aerodrnamics of a cardboard box. The higher the MPH get the harder it is to milk anymore out of it, think about it, a JRSC Civic with full aero gear topped 200mph a while back, we're talkin over probably 3 times the power that Focus was putting down, and alot helping out the aerodynamics....and only 60mph improvement???

anyone see what I'm getting at with all this babbling??? it all makes sense somewhere up there

meesa sleepy...I'm gonna take a nap

·
Registered
997 Posts
i'll take some power adders please

·
Registered
33 Posts
hit 130 in a sedan, , only stopped because i clead up an mp5, those numbers for the "land-speed record" are quite low.

·
Registered
64 Posts
LSR's are recorded within a measured mile, the car breeaks the lights at the begining and end of the mile going both directions to remove any wind affects. try to hold 140 for a full mile in stock motored focus, I think it's a respectable number

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yes that is a good speed for speed record. Don't forget there are many class of cars as was mentioned before. Also to let you know why a wagon was used instead of a ZX3 is that out of all four models of focus the wagon actually has the lowered drag co-efficient of them all. The easier it cuts the air the more stable and easier to maintain speed. They are running miles on those flats vrooooooooooooom.

Stay Focused

[ 09-15-2002, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: Zetec-S ]

·
Registered
745 Posts
guys that are quacking about cuttin off at 108mph...get a chip it raises your rev limiter and your speed limiter.

rookies...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts