Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that my stainless steel header has started to rust. Its on the both flanges; the one at the collector, and the one that mates to the head. It seems that this is not a total stainless steel construction. I am very pissed seeing that I paid $350 for something that is supposed to be of the highest quality. Looks like I have to use that "lifetime warranty" that JBA offers. Hopefully they won't give me any ****. Anyone else with the header notice this???

------------------
2000 ZX3...K&N, JBA header, Apex springs, Borla exhaust. Next step high flow cat...maybe cams?

"Hike up your skirt a little more and show your world to me." ~Dave Matthews

· Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is the sad part. My brother has had MAC headers on his Mustang for about 3 years. THese are made out of the cheaper mild steel and have a really crappy "HTS" coating (similar to spray paint). FUnny thing is, the headers havn't rusted a bit.

The ceramic coating on the JBA should have done a better job of preventing rust on the flanges. I'd love to just get my money back, but I have read through their warranty on the jbaracing.com site, and they only do exchanges or total product replacement. What really sucks is my car would probably have to be down for weeks before I could get another one back. I think what I might do is buy the long-tube header that I wanted, and install it on my car while my JBA is away getting "fixed." THen sell the new JBA dirt cheap.

------------------
2000 ZX3...K&N, JBA header, Apex springs, Borla exhaust. Next step high flow cat...maybe cams?

· Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sweet...hopefully they will go for the ship first, ask questions later approach.

Menace...I realize they do this to cut costs. But to advertise a total stainless contstruction is bad business. Not to mention the fact that the ceramic coating is supposed to prevent rust and other damage to the header.

------------------

· Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BluStreak....you've got a deal! I'll be selling it for $200...brand new. Hopefully I can talk them into getting me a new gasket and bolts too. If not...I'll get you the exact part number and specs you need for new bolts. My current header bolts look like ****...as they are highly corroded.

Menace...your header is mostly stainless right? I'm sure you've had it on almost as long as I have had my JBA on. No rust right?

------------------

· Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Its not the welding...its the actual metal flange itself. I shall take some pics as soon as I can, as I have been meaning to do so for a while now.

I do live in Tampa, FL...which is pretty near the Gulf of Mexico. But the salt content of the air at my home is minimal due to our house being pretty much away from the gulf or bay. Most cars around here don't have a problem with excess corrosion or rust due to salt damage, unless you are compelled to park your car on the beach.

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.