Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it a good idea to intall a complete(JBA HEADERS, HI FLOW Catilictic converter, Catback) system all at once.

Right now all I have is AEM cold air, and the exuast is my next step. If I do the complete exuast system all at once how much Horse Power gain will there be?

·
Registered
393 Posts
i put my cat back on then then high flow cat and headers at the same time...don't know what the gains were but there was a pretty good gain in the butt dyno.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
i did all mine in pieces

1. Header
2. Borla
3. High Flow Cat
4. Flex Pipe

and the order of noticable improvement

1. High Flow Cat
2. Borla
3. Header
4. Flex Pipe

·
Registered
175 Posts
Wedge1212,

How loud is your setup??? I have the Borla/JBA Header and am looking at the Random Tech/Bosal Flexpipe, and am just trying to get an idea of noise level.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just ordered the random tech cat , bosal flex pipe and the hks catback. I'll be puttin them all on at once.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Originally posted by Wedge1212:
its pretty loud
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What attributes to most of the noise??? The header, exhaust, flex pipe or the hi-flo cat? Right now I have the Borla/JBA header and other than the 3k rmp drone I can live with it. Much louder than that then it will probably get on my nerves.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
its the cat....doin 70mph is fine...but doin 80 it gets a little loud. But its not so loud you'll be waking up the neighbors when you drive down your street on your way home.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts