Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
humm that actually looks like it might be worth shellin out the $$$$$ for!

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Hmmmmm....how "convenient" of them to put a 3-bolt collector on there so you can only buy their flex-pipe. Unless there is a piece that goes between the collector and the flex-pipe?

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'm sorry but there are so many race headers out for the Focus. JBA should have come out with this along time ago.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Originally posted by mcs7865:
I'm sorry but there are so many race headers out for the Focus. JBA should have come out with this along time ago.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So many race headers?

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have one and the thing is badass...Yes the 3 bolt collector is wrong but a very strong mount and no leaking with "paper gasket"

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Originally posted by drake:
I have one and the thing is badass...Yes the 3 bolt collector is wrong but a very strong mount and no leaking with "paper gasket"
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Got any pics? Also, was there any welding involved?

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
welding required because it has NO egr OR any o2 bungs in it, so you gotta fab your own, weld em in the EXACT place to line up and all, probably ruining that sweet loooking header]

Other than that, thats an awesome header but is designed to not use o2 sensors...aka, STANDALONE

But on the other hand, its no different then the focussport piece, exept that focussport is now using TIG welds on their headers...

I for one actually think that the FS is an even nicer piece, same size and all, same design, but cheaper and better welds...

[ 10-18-2002, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: nazthug ]

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Ugh...what is JBA smoking? Asking $400+ for a header that someone cannot just install himself in a home garage on a spare Saturday or Sunday. Granted it is nice that they offer a header without the EGR, but they should have a no-cost option of having the O2 bungs welded in. Also, it looks like you would have to get someone to fabricate an entirely new front section of a flex-pipe. Plus, you won't have the added support of the stock collector brace behind the oil pan, so that will have to be fabricated as well. $400 for something I would have to spend AT LEAST $100-150 more to install on my car is NOT cost effective when you can get the FocusSport race header and flex-pipe for MUCH cheaper...and I bet both headers produce similar power gains as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts