Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gettin the jba ceramic coated header, but i noticed that the ford racing one comes with heat shield for the power steering lines and hood. doesn anyone have the jba header on their car and do you have these things coated or not. let me know how bad the heat is comin off the header. also i have cf hood, will the heat do anything to my hood.

·
Registered
723 Posts
i have a focussport shorty but it sould be similar to the jba in regards to heat. it does get pretty warm under the hood, especially after pushing it hard at the track. however, i do not believe it gets hot enough to cause damage to a stock hood. the effect it would have on a CF hood are unknown to me as i don't have one.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I had the JBA on for over a year and while it gets real hot under the hood, I haven't had any problems with it. I have since installed a FC 4-2-1 header which is much farther away from the power steering line.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
I got the JBA, and regarding the power steering line I just added some therma sleeve. Probably nto neccessary, but for the piece of mind:

DOn;t mind the red couplers...they will be exchanged with black soon. Ollie

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
The injen first gen cold air intake looks like a turbo's charge tube.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
ollie where do you get the therma sleeve?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts