Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Nope.

The tube would have to be heated to super hot temperatures in order for it to affect the temperature of the air inside, due to the velocity at which the air travels through the tube.

Think of it this way... we're 98.6 or about... if we stay in the sun too long, our body's temp will rise. But since we go into the shade, or indoors... we don't get that hot!

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
I have mine jet hot coated, but I didn't do it for "practical" purposes. I just did it to change the color of it. I wanted to have a more polished look.

However, I do think that it keeps the metal of the tube from getting as hot as it would without it. Comparing metal to skin, isn't exactly quite the same, considering completely different thermal properties. But honestly, Bur is right.. the rate the air flows through the tube, the difference "if any" would be so miniscule you probably wouldn't see it, even if you looked in the tenths of a horsepower range.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
And our intake tubes dont perspirate, and arent filled with bags of saline, generating heat inside due to metabolic processes...

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
And our intake tubes dont perspirate, and arent filled with bags of saline, generating heat inside due to metabolic processes...
They aren't
!?!

I'm going back to my dealer to find out why he lied!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts