Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else having issues getting them to peal apart to apply them? I have 3 of them and i've ripped 2 (parts of the logo) since it wont release from the backing paper it seems.

Just currious if its only my luck or if others have issues with that?

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
The design has some very thin lines... and the backing might have been affected by the high temps we had.

You need to rub over the sticker with your fingertip (not your fingernail) on the "waxy side" and get the sticker really stuck to the release paper.

Then carefully crack the backing off at a sharp angle. Take your time and watch the sticker to make sure it's releasing. If you run into a spot that doesn't want to release...stop. And apply a bit more pressure rubbing until the sticker is adhering to the release paper. Then take another stab at peeling it back. Go slowly.

If you pull it apart slowly, and at a sharp angle it should come off.

Then when applying, make sure to rub down the sticker with your fingertip with a lot of pressure. The best way is actually to draw/trace the letters with your finger. That way you won't distort any of the letters.

Once you're confident you've "ironed it down", gently peel back the backing sheet.

Once again, the thin lines of the design make the sticker a bit more difficult to peel. But, if done slowly you shouldn't have a problem. I've installed several of them with no problems. The key is to take extra care when pulling it apart.

Long-winded explanation, but I hope that helps.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats cool, thanks!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I have a slight bit of trouble with my tirerack decal. I just worked it.
Tim

·
RECORD PROFITS
5,297 Posts
anybody have a silver/black jetfest decal?

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Ron, I lost mine that came in my bag, can we purchase them now? I forgot to get another one before I left. Thanks,

Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts