Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being I didn't make it to the 2nd jetfest I have no comparison. Was Jetfest 2 as good as Jetfest one. I know that Jetfest 1 had people from across the country. What about #2

At 1 there was an autocross and a car show. At 2 there was road racing.

Was participation at 2 equal to Jetfest 1.

Tim

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
For me it sure was. But I wasnt active on FJ when JF1 happened, lol.

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts
I didn't attend JF1, but I had a great time at JF2. :)

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
thefrush said:
I didn't attend JF1, but I had a great time at JF2. :)
Werd

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
apples/oranges

jetfest 1 was more car-show oriented, with a bit of autocross and a lil road rally to do if one was wont.

jetfest 2 was more focused on the day of racing, and getting together with other focus pps in the paddock!

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts
Ataru said:
I liked the variety of JF1. JF2 had the track day, but if you weren't doing that, then there wasn't much to do other than watch the track day.
One of the reasons we didn't go. There just wasn't anything set up other than the track day. JF1 had a variety of stuff (rallye, autox, car show) and this was just the track day.

And since I'm trying to cut the track desire, it didn't make sense to go. It's like handing out booz in front of an AA meeting.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Ataru said:
I liked the variety of JF1. JF2 had the track day, but if you weren't doing that, then there wasn't much to do other than watch the track day.
Although i was not at JF1 I agree to this one. Just from reading the accounts at JF1 i think it had more of a mingling atmosphere. I ended up hanging out watching the track for like 3hrs then i went home since i came alone...was also hard to break into the set groups of peeps...met a few people but they all left when i was in the stands...can you guys please have a pity party for me please! :) Still a very cool event regardless...i guess i was just expecting a little bit more organization.

·
RECORD PROFITS
5,297 Posts
Wouldn't know. JF2=too far.

·
I Like Gray Bearded Men Better Than Young Witches
604 Posts
I gave a crap about the car show, but I wasn't going to spend $10 to be in it. That's just me though.

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts
foo_gurl_zx3 said:
I gave a crap about the car show, but I wasn't going to spend $10 to be in it. That's just me though.
I gave a crap as well....and I even paid the $10 to enter it. JF2 was FREE to enter the event. $10 to enter the car show was NOTHING and I was glad to pay it. That money would have paid for the trophies.

When it was canceled, I even threw around ideas to the big boss man to get an informal car show started but was unsuccessful.

A car show at a track event would have been the BEST thing to do for one main reason:

It would have brought the world of Focus motor sports to the people who are usually interested in JUST car shows, and opened a whole new world to them, possibly getting them interested in seeing what their car can do on the track in the future.

No car show = show cars didn't come to the event so they weren't exposed to the track day and how much fun it can be.

A shame. :(

·
RECORD PROFITS
5,297 Posts
foo_gurl_zx3 said:
$10 is nothing to enter a car show. That would have paid for minor crap (trophies, etc).

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts
I woulda entered the car show if I had a Focus.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
hmm i think FJ3 would be sweet in FL :evilgrin:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts