Ford Focus Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
we missed jf1 and almost missed jf2 because our promissed track focus was not in good health.we are more intrested in getting our racing license to group race,but we also have an svt that is a track car and show car, so we hope that fj3 will have both.florida sounds good!either way, we should be ready with atleast one car,although if fj 3 was to be held in colorado,we could bring both of our cars!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ataru said:
I gave a crap as well....and I even paid the $10 to enter it. JF2 was FREE to enter the event. $10 to enter the car show was NOTHING and I was glad to pay it. That money would have paid for the trophies.

When it was canceled, I even threw around ideas to the big boss man to get an informal car show started but was unsuccessful.

A car show at a track event would have been the BEST thing to do for one main reason:

It would have brought the world of Focus motor sports to the people who are usually interested in JUST car shows, and opened a whole new world to them, possibly getting them interested in seeing what their car can do on the track in the future.

No car show = show cars didn't come to the event so they weren't exposed to the track day and how much fun it can be.

A shame. :(
If I'm not mistaken Jetfest 1 had both an entry fee + additional for the car show and/or autocross. One main reason that I didn't attend JF2 was time of year. Middle of the school year and around here we can have major snow storms in March. I wasn't about to wreck my Focus or get stuck just going to an event, no matter where/what it is.

2nd was the lack of events, grant it taking the focus out on the track would be a blast. What else would there be to do??? I enjoy watching touring car racing but F3 and porsches are not my cup of tea.

Hopefully Jetfest 3 will have a car show, autocross, and drag racing.

Tim

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
I wasn't at 2 either, not only because of the distance, but it was in the middle of the school year. There is now way I could make it. In the end though, it didn't sound like it was as good as the first one

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
We'll I made the 2,275 miles there and back in 11 days Round trip was 4,975 miles exact from driveway and back.....Now I didnt just go there for the weekend.I had 2 days before the event and I stayed 3 days after the event and chilled in CA. Got to meet some cool people give test drives to furture FS customers at the event.

One Hell of road trip

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
I applaud anybody that made the long drive.

I enjoyed myself and the social aspect of the event, especially since I wasn't able to participate in the track event itself.

·
I Like Gray Bearded Men Better Than Young Witches
604 Posts
I had a great time, it was well worth the long, long drive. But we were also there for a week before visiting my parents and going to my hometown, Yosemite, Santa Cruz, and Disneyland. Best two weeks i've had in a long time.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts