Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would hope that it would go without saying, but I'm going to say it anyway. While at Jetfest 2 please respect the fact that we are the guests of NASA. Please be courteous to those that are attending the event and don't do anything stupid or illegal.

Please let all the non-FJ people attending the event see what a fun, hardcore and responsible group of enthusiasts we are! :thumbup:

Also, some "official" rules from the NASA:

4.0 HPDE Participant Conduct
4.1 Participant Conduct - Expectations

Every participant and driver (entrant) at a NASA sanctioned event shall conduct themselves according to the highest standards of behavior and sportsmanship* particularly in their relationship with other drivers and Officials, and in a manner that shall not be detrimental to the reputation of NASA. Failure to do may result in harsh penalties.

* The term “sportsmanship,” as used here, is meant to convey an expectation of conduct, and in no way implies that participants are involved in a sporting event or contest.

4.2 Conduct of Guests and Crew
Drivers shall, at all times, be responsible for the conduct and behavior of those accompanying them to an event such as crew, mechanics, and friends. Any offense
committed by the driver’s crew, mechanics, or friends will be directly chargeable to the driver. Damage to the racetrack, its surface, fencing, paddock, walls, buildings, trailers, equipment, vehicles, etc., by the driver (including his/her friends, crew, and sponsors) is
the responsibility of the driver, and said driver agrees herein to make restitution. This agreement is binding when a driver signs the entry form, so he/she is encouraged to read it carefully.
There is no drinking of alcohol allowed by NASA while there are open track sessions. At the end of the day, AFTER the event, it's acceptable to drink responsibly in the pit area.

I know that NASA will not tolerate any jackasses and I won't either. I won't hesitate to contact security to remove anyone that is making a disturbance, not following the orders of an official, doing something stupid/unsafe, etc.

Please help to make this a fun and safe event!

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Also when you’re walking or driving around the paddock please give the Race Cars the right of way and assume they can’t see you. They will have a helmet on and are in race cars and it’s sometimes very hard to see out of them.

·
King of the Fairies
4,883 Posts
burn outs? ;)

(inside joke with ron)

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts
Ted7rns said:
Also when you’re walking or driving around the paddock please give the Race Cars the right of way and assume they can’t see you. They will have a helmet on and are in race cars and it’s sometimes very hard to see out of them.
Damn right. Make way.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Chalz said:
What is the policy on drinking for people who are not in the pits?
No drinking in the pits, paddock, stands or garages during the race/track hours. The last cars should be off the track around 6:00PM... then you will be able to drink responsibly.

·
Take a Bite of My Burrito!
3,139 Posts
Ted7rns said:
No drinking in the pits, paddock, stands or garages during the race/track hours. The last cars should be off the track around 6:00PM... then you will be able to drink responsibly.
Does the car show(unoficial of course) fall into any of these areas?

I have no idea of what is where at the cali speedway.

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
Ted7rns

No drinking in the pits, paddock, stands or garages during the race/track hours.
This is pretty much the entire facility. So, again, "pretty much" there's to be no consumption of alcohol until the track is closed for the day.

I feel bad for those who like a nip around noon or so. :p

·
9 and 3 Damnit! 9 AND 3!!!!!!!
9,347 Posts
wrong thread whoops

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Ted7rns said:
This is really important. Cages, helmets, gauges, etc all restrict the amount of visibility a driver has. Couple that with the fact that many cars will not idle under 20 mph or more, and you've got to have attentive attendants!

Thanks to FJ1 for posting these guidelines...we really wanna make NASA proud to have had us this weekend. We don't need anything to tarnish that impression.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts