Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
well written article... to bad there are not more photos, would love to see my car in the mix... haha

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts
New sig! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
but the last thing I want to be is chastised for not knowing the JetFest event Ford invited me to was "technically" a NASA-sponsored event. The dude knew what I was talking about, and why would he think that a guy in a Mitsubishi EVO (that would be me) would be hip to what other Ford drivers were calling the day's activities?
Ron, I think this very well sums up my feelings about what happened. I think NASA needs to be made aware of how the California Speedway staff and/or their contractors treated us this weekend.

I heard about it from many people. I don't think its anyone's fault per se, except to say that the Security was unyeilding in their approach to the misunderstanding, and I find that to be unacceptable.

·
mani i love dongs
7,048 Posts
sweet, got my car online somewhere!!!

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts
^^ On Friday, Massive, Chewy, Kona+wife, and I went out for lunch. When we came back, Chewy, Kona, and an explorer went in before us. When we (Massive and I) came to the gate (right after two Focuses) the dude asked us where we were headed. We said at first 'the special event.' He replied 'what special event?' We then said 'Jetfest.' He said 'I don't know anything about no Jetfest.' We said 'the Ford Focus event this weekend.' He said 'there's nothing like that going on here.' Finally I yelled at him 'NASA HPDE!' He said 'go right ahead.'

:rolleyes:

Once we figured out the magic password was NASA we were fine, but with hundreds of people coming in for the event, security should have been made more aware.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I noticed the IGN article yesterday and thought that was pretty cool. I haven't seen any other car get togethers on the main page scroll. From reading I did notice the large usage of NASA and nothing with focaljet but eh, its better than nothing.

·
Registered
766 Posts
thefrush said:
^^ On Friday, Massive, Chewy, Kona+wife, and I went out for lunch. When we came back, Chewy, Kona, and an explorer went in before us. When we (Massive and I) came to the gate (right after two Focuses) the dude asked us where we were headed. We said at first 'the special event.' He replied 'what special event?' We then said 'Jetfest.' He said 'I don't know anything about no Jetfest.' We said 'the Ford Focus event this weekend.' He said 'there's nothing like that going on here.' Finally I yelled at him 'NASA HPDE!' He said 'go right ahead.'

:rolleyes:

Once we figured out the magic password was NASA we were fine, but with hundreds of people coming in for the event, security should have been made more aware.
Same thing happened on Saturday morning for me, as I'm sure everyone else.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
The Dez was well represented in the Photo Gallery, and I'm sure there's some people on there going "What the heck is 'JCM Racing'?"

And yes, a BIG :thumbdown to them totally ignoring the fact that it was a FocalJet event in the first place. How do you think the name "JETFest" came about to begin with?

Not blaming anyone here, it looks like several attempts were made to correct the problems, with the requests falling on deaf ears it appears.

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
Whayong said:
Same thing happened on Saturday morning for me, as I'm sure everyone else.
I never got hassled at the gate. Saturday morning, drove right in, although he made a hand motion I thought meant "drive slow," so I did. That main access road is a long one at 25 mph (longer than the 3000+ft front straight). Sunday, showed him the green pass, and all good.

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
The gate issue was another thing... I received a phone call really late Friday evening about some peeps being turned away because they didn't know the secret handshake.

We alerted NASA about the problem and they were very quick to respond. They made if clear to the front gate about Focaljet and Jetfest.

The problem was that obviously the drones at the gate didn't rely the information when there was a shift change and the whole thing evidently reared its ugly head a various times over the weekend.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
I arrived Saturday afternoon without any problems from the staff or front gate people. The gate people asked me where I was going and told them about the focus/ NASA meet and they let me right in. Seemed freindly to me.

·
Registered
439 Posts
sorry to hear all this happend to you guys.
i go to the speedway alot threw out the year.
and the speedway personel can be dic*s somtimes
saturday eveing when i left i went to the drag strip and i got into it with a flash light cop "i see you" telling me that i could not be there but yet people were coming and going as he was doing the finger pointing
somthing like this makes people not want come to the cali speedway.
i think they got a new crew of flash light cops there.
but i had no problem at the gate. in and go

·
███████
2,662 Posts
Shaweet !!
I'm In there too !!

I too had some trouble getting in the gate, when I came back from my house (Getting Propane For Mextep) And I had said Jetfest, Focaljet, and FINALY NASA Worked.

Cali Speedway NEVER again. unless they can make sure that we are treated right.

Troy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts