TonyD
Turbo2000
zx3focusguy
zx3_runner138
ZXciting5

Non-FJ members:
Jonathan K. from NC
Chris M. from WI
Any predictions on who's going to take home the New Edge $100?

I know it sure won't be me. I'll be showing up with one of the worst power/grip ratios running my beloved, although junk, Kumho 711's in the M class. Plus, I haven't been to an auto-x for almost 2 years.

We've got quite a few seasoned veterans in here. Some with heavily prepped cars. Some with STS or even GS or HS cars that'll easily whip my butt. Regardless, I'm still looking forward to turning fuel into smoke and noise.

If I had to bet right now, it would be hard not to pick schnack and his SM monster:

Buy then again, MichaelXi is designing the course and that man can drive. Or, will one of the west coast guys bring home the bacon? Or, how about some of the locals?

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
I'm betting on Schnack. Those 13"s are a bigger advantage than you can shake a stick at, along with considerable preparation otherwise.

I'm just hoping to place somewhere in the middle of Custom Focus. I may stand a chance of bringing home a CG-Lock, though.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, and I think that pic might be old. We won't even know what we're up against until Saturday AM.

What's the dealio on the CG-lock as a prize?

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
What's the dealio on the CG-lock as a prize?
CG-Lock was going to give one of their products away to the three fastest Foci using stock seatbelts. Or maybe I made that up in my head?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mather Automotive Innovations, makers of the CG-Lock. have donated three CG-Locks to be won by the three fastest auto-x times of the day set by drivers using stock seatbelts.
Sweet! May be just enough incentive to stick with the stock belt. I quit using my harness on track due to safety conserns so I'm used to driving without it. Hmmmmm.....

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right not M class has the most entrants and there is one class with nobody in it yet.....
Hmmm, I wonder why....

Me with LSD and 3.82 gears vs schnack beast.
And a 2.3Duratec, and sticky tires, and suspension, and etc...

Hey, just remember that its all for fun.

May the Mojo be with you young grasshopper. We all know that in auto-x, the car is never more than 20 or 30 percent of the equation. The rest is all driver. And a little bit of driver can make up for a whole ton of $$$ spent on the car.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We all know that in auto-x, the car is never more than 20 or 30 percent of the equation. The rest is all driver.
Which is exactly why there's no way I'm going to talk any smack.
But what fun would there be in that?

We've been talking for literally years about getting some of us together at a single driving event. Track day or auto-x. To date, the largest event I've participated in was at VIR in the fall of 2003 with 11 cars on track. Finally its happening on a much larger scale. I, personally, can't wait to see the results.

So kudos to all who made it happen.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Which is exactly why there's no way I'm going to talk any smack.
That what I would say if I even dared to opened my mouth at all! This is going to be so much fun!

·
I Like Gray Bearded Men Better Than Young Witches
604 Posts
Am I mistaken in saying i'm the only girl running?

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
Right not M class has the most entrants and there is one class with nobody in it yet.....
Hmmm, I wonder why....

Me with LSD and 3.82 gears vs schnack beast.
And a 2.3Duratec, and sticky tires, and suspension, and etc...
Street tires that are between Azenis and Kuhmo MXs.

I was just making a joking jab at the classing, but I forgot a winkie. Yea, I know we are both SM. Heck, mines just a STX car with gears and no backseat.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I was just making a joking jab at the classing, but I forgot a winkie. Yea, I know we are both SM. Heck, mines just a STX car with gears and no backseat.
I'll tell you what. If I turn a faster time than you on my TRUE STREET TIRES, I'll buy you dinner. That is, if dinner is ordered from the dollar menu at McD's.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
I expect to get my ass kicked because my RA-1's are 3 years old and >-< close to be corded.

Now if you through a few bumps on the track... maybe I'd stand a chance against the Schnackbeast.

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts

I'll tell you what. If I turn a faster time than you on my TRUE STREET TIRES, I'll buy you dinner. That is, if dinner is ordered from the dollar menu at McD's.
Hey, I saw you beating up on those cars in group 2 with them.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Hey, I saw you beating up on those cars in group 2 with them.
Naw, that EVO only had RA-1's. They're street tires right?

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
zxciting5 (don) will have his new SRT4 there aswell. Think he has the stage 2 and thats it.

Scott

1 - 20 of 50 Posts