Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the following question:
Is it true the revlimiter can not be raised on the JFA8 diablo chip?
Anyone that knows or has this code and chip please advise.

thanks

[ 03-06-2003, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: slate13530 ]

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I have the JFA7 computer that ford flashed to the JFA8 specs(I think. My computer was reflashed by ford). I have the X-14 4-Bank chip from Diablo( www.2dsperformance.com ) and it did raise the rev limiter to above 6900rpm(thats where I shifted, didn't try to see where the limit was). Not that I rev it that high all the time, but it is raised.

[ 03-05-2003, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: BLOWNSTANG ]

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump
Anyone else because I did a search and came up w/0.

Thank you for all the replies. My question has been answered. I was told the rev limiter could not be raised on the diablo w/that code. Now I know better.

Thanks

[ 03-06-2003, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: slate13530 ]

·
Registered
209 Posts
If you have, what i call, the generic XAU? burn, it's the speed limiter that is not raised. You'll hit about 105-110 and the car will start to stutter, very neausiating.. diablo isn't very good with that.

I've gone exclusivly with superchip and I get scared when I hit 120! So I don't know the cap.

Yes, your PCM could gets flashed with new codes at the dealer depending on what they do. A few months ago, I had a new key cut and the dealer programed it too, at that time I got a new PCM code that Diablo doesn't support (and probably never will??). Again, another reason why I'll stay with SC.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Originally posted by jnmarshall:
If you have, what i call, the generic XAU? burn, it's the speed limiter that is not raised.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The XAU068ks-4bank file you are referring to is for the 2001 automatic codes, JFR6, JFR5, SZR5, CJW0 ,CJW1, XAU0, XAU1 and any others I might have missed...

I'm curious, is your Focus an automatic and if so, what EEC code do you have? I'm curious because if you have a Superchip for an automatic and the speed limiter is raised, I would like to make note of it for my records, since it's hard to tell for sure what automatic codes the Superchip actually does raise the speed limiter on...

As KonaZXIII indicated, JFA8 will raise the rev and speed limiters

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ray check your mail

·
Registered
402 Posts
i had a new feul rail sensor put on. would they flash my ecu for that? if they did, does that mean i have to send my diablo back to get the right program put back on it?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yes, all my Foci's are Autos (don't ask...)

I have XAU1 in my '02 ZTS and HAD SZR5 in my '01 SE(Ztec).
All the SZR? are being upgraded(?) or flashed at the dealers to UIQ0, I'd have to look at my wdl list to see what other codes filter into.

I participated in the Diablo/Superchip comparison for Cajun last year (search the forum), using the XAU068, at the time there were 2 files, one in mar '01 with a different shift pattern.
The Diablo raised the rev limit and shift points, but none raised the speed limit for the autos.
The SC had both rev and speed raised, but I chickened out at 120, my cars were 100% stock otherwise.

Originally posted by myFordPerformance.com:
The XAU068ks-4bank file you are referring to is for the 2001 automatic codes, JFR6, JFR5, SZR5, CJW0 ,CJW1, XAU0, XAU1 and any others I might have missed...

I'm curious, is your Focus an automatic and if so, what EEC code do you have? I'm curious because if you have a Superchip for an automatic and the speed limiter is raised, I would like to make note of it for my records, since it's hard to tell for sure what automatic codes the Superchip actually does raise the speed limiter on...

As KonaZXIII indicated, JFA8 will raise the rev and speed limiters
[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
662 Posts
Originally posted by mattndew676:
i had a new feul rail sensor put on. would they flash my ecu for that? if they did, does that mean i have to send my diablo back to get the right program put back on it?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hard to say for sure. The only way to tell is if you put your chip in and the car didn't start or ran funky. Then it's a good sign your EEC is different than before. The only thing you can do then is have the PCM "read" by a Diablosport dealer or Diablosport themselves to determine the new code. Then you would have to have either a Diablosport dealer or Diablosport reburn the chip for the new code.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
My ford dealer put a sticker with a ford part # to the left of my hood latch when they reflashed mine.

·
Registered
149 Posts
refer to my earlier post http://www.focaljet.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=011714#000000

I have had a BAAAD experience with my Superchip, but no doubt about it Cajun @ 2D's Performance has been MORE THAN HELPFUL with it. Thanx to him, I got a new chip with a different program, so I actually may be able to hit the claimed 137 !!! PLS spare me the lecture on driving the focus to this speed ok !!! Let the sinless one cast the first stone

·
Inebriated Pecker Obstructionist
2,958 Posts
If a dealer reflashes the ECU, do they mark the ECU with the new code?
My car has been in the shop for a bunch of recalls. I don't think they messed with the ECU though.

[Edit] I just went and looked. The chip says JFA6. But, my above question still stands. I'de like to know. So, when I go to buy a chip, I'm not wasting money.

Thanx, Al

[ 03-06-2003, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: EastAl ]

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the JFA8 ECU. With the stock burn diablo chip installed the rev. limiter is raised to 7200rpm and the speed limiter is removed or moved up. (only done like 130-135.)

2000 sedan

[ 03-07-2003, 08:17 AM: Message edited by: dvsbmx ]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts