Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
most cars cant run 8.40s in the 1/8th....thats hella impressive. I wonder if its streetable at all, i can imagine its only on race fuel, but can it be driven to get ice and beer?
still has a full interior and still on the stock unibody

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
It's not street legal, but it is at virtually full weight, which is fairly impressive....and he runs on DOT tires too, if I recall correctly.

It's amazing to see that car get outta the hole....its like he is getting shot off the line.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I think it is street legal. I was reading an article when he hit 9's and it was street legal. Obviously for his drag runs he probably is using race fuel. Of course hes not going to run 9's or even 8's just getting groceries or something, nor is he even going to use it everday, but i bet it is street lega.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it is street legal. I was reading an article when he hit 9's and it was street legal. Obviously for his drag runs he probably is using race fuel. Of course hes not going to run 9's or even 8's just getting groceries or something, nor is he even going to use it everday, but i bet it is street lega.
yes its street legal.. it has registered Ohio plates that say EIGHTS

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I thought race gas was illegal for street use?

If it is, then the only time that is really street legal is the one he runs on true pump gas as far as I'm concerned...but who really cares what I think.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts

If it is, then the only time that is really street legal is the one he runs on true pump gas as far as I'm concerned...but who really cares what I think.
...and when he puts back on the non-existant catalytic converter, emissions control systems, ect.

The car is street legal in the sense that it still has glass, lights and looks more or less stock. From an emissions perspective, the car is FAR from legal.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

...and when he puts back on the non-existant catalytic converter, emissions control systems, ect.

The car is street legal in the sense that it still has glass, lights and looks more or less stock. From an emissions perspective, the car is FAR from legal.
there is no e-check or emissions or whatever where he lives.. so as far as that goes its street legal

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
John Shepards..definately one of the icons of SCC drag racing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts