Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone that installed the Jackson Racing supercharger tell me what their top speed is.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Could someone that installed the Jackson Racing supercharger tell me what their top speed is.
It should be faster than the stock drag limited 130+...I'm curious.

CCC

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've hit 135 myself but the sc should bump that up a bit.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I lifted at aout 143 mph. Probably would hit 150... You'd need a really long road though.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Hell, I hit 139-140 bone stock with no incline/decline. The drag coefficient is this car is pretty bad in comparison to many other 'sporty' cars, so it takes hella HP after a certain speed to get going any faster.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I too hit 140 on I-5 and the intake sounded like a horn. The car is actually pretty stable at high speeds.
I dunno man...if you go any faster than that, you should make sure you have something other than the stock tires. They're good and all, but they are not exactly z-rated. Popping a tire at those speeds on US highways is signing your death warrant.

·
Registered
191 Posts
our tires are rated for 168, so im not sure what your talking about.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
w87...right...."w" rated

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I asked because I was put to shame by an SVT Contour.

The z rated version of our tires are only like 10 bucks more or something.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Stock, with AEM short ram and FC UDP I hit 144 mph for more than 5 minutes continously at permanently full throttle(223 km/h) and the car didn't hesitate a bit in control matters. I have Z rated tires.

That was at sea level on a preety straight highway in a mexican coast. The car doesn't have the hp to go one more mph up.

Another thing, watch out the oil temperature gauge at those speeds and continous WOT conditions. It got REAAALLLLYYY and dangerously hot, and that shoudn't happen.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
There was a post somewhere saying that temp gauge is not a reading of actual oil temp. The thing to watch is the water temp.

·
Registered
173 Posts
To be honest, I don't have the brass to find out the new top speed.
Are there any real men left?

·
Registered
688 Posts
According to this: gearing math
if we had enough power, we could reach a top speed of 165 at redline in 6th gear. I based that off of our gear ratios for each gear and using 24 in diameter tire(17 + 3.5 +3.5). Anybody want to shoot for this
?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts