Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My JRSC is arriving today. Before I get started on the install, I was currious what you guys did with the dsi cable. I have been looking over the instruction, and it says nothing more than to just disconnect the cable, and it will not be re used. Does it just hang there? What did you guys do that installed it?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I just disconnected.

I thought I would remove the motor and cable, but I was unsure if the motor was tied into the computer in any way.

I was going to call around to see if I could get an answer to that, but I just forgot.

If you find out the answer please repost here.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Won't the motor just burn out and make hideous noises as it does after the DSI switch breaks? Once the IMRC blows, won't that throw a CEL? I've always been curious about this with regards to the JRSC, no one's seems to have an answer.

Mike

·
Registered
72 Posts
not sure what Mike is referring to, I just left my DSI as is and zip tied it to a structural member, has not been a problem.

Won't the motor just burn out and make hideous noises as it does after the DSI switch breaks? Once the IMRC blows, won't that throw a CEL? I've always been curious about this with regards to the JRSC, no one's seems to have an answer.

Mike

·
Registered
413 Posts
Won't the motor just burn out and make hideous noises as it does after the DSI switch breaks? Once the IMRC blows, won't that throw a CEL?
Yes Mike it will. I left mine disconnected for months after the connection broke. Two day before I took it in to have the intake replaced the DSI motor started making a wining sound. When they put it on the commuter they noted a DSI motor code.
So the motor is connected to the computer and it will go bad. I have to have mine replaced.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yes Mike it will. I left mine disconnected for months after the connection broke. Two day before I took it in to have the intake replaced the DSI motor started making a wining sound. When they put it on the commuter they noted a DSI motor code.
So the motor is connected to the computer and it will go bad. I have to have mine replaced.
Thanks, I thought I remembered some guys saying that. So, won't JRSC owners run into that problem over time since you disconnect the intake runner switch at the time of install? I always wondered about that.

Mike

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SO is the motor burning up because it is pulling on nothing? I mean you really dont hurt anything during the install by just removing the cable from the lower intake mani. So, why are the motors going bad? If I were to rig up some type of resistance for the motor to pull on would that help? Basically, what makes the motor go bad when the cable is disconnected?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'll make a long story short here. I have had the JRSC since July, and a few issues that worked out. But last week I went for the new PCM flash, and they smoked my PCM. Now, after a few miles, the DSI motor began sounding like a singer sewing machine. So I put a wee bit of tension on the cable to hopefully stop the motor, and BAM! CEL!
As of now, I have received no response from the dealer, and resorted to duct taping the cable to it's housing. Now it cycls a few times and quits, but the CEL is still on, and I assume it won't go away until the real issue is resolved. I don't feel too good about the lack of interest or response fron the dealer so I ma have to live with it!
And that my friends, sucks big time!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Sounds like the DSI motor is way too tied into the ECU program.

Somebody needs to figure out how to get that crud out of there. It wasn't such a fantastic design to begin with, IMO. The stuff breaks too easy.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Has anyone tried contacting Oscar to ask what they have done if anything? And if they had or have issues with the test vehicle? Maybe this ford chip thing people are doing they can disable that function or something in the ECU. I am sure even if someone puts on an aftermarket manifold it will do the same thing since the DSI won't be used. that just sucks.

so David, I would figure out the DSI thing before installing it since others have been having this issue.

·
Registered
95 Posts
1K after JRSC install - CEL is on and it sounds like the broken DSI cable. It can be just 2 or 3 of us w/JRSC installed that start to have this problem. Personally, I feel like whoever came up with this "bright" DSI cable design idea, should have their balls cut off. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
95 Posts
1K after JRSC install - CEL is on and it sounds like the broken DSI cable. It can be just 2 or 3 of us w/JRSC installed that start to have this problem.
I meant CAN NOT be just 2 or 3 of us w/JRSC installed that start to have this problem. Everyone will - sooner or later... Jackson Racing people are plain "slow", was not able to get thru to Oscar himself. We must put some pressure on those guys to have it resolved. One guy at Jackson Racing even said they now "specialize" in Honda/Acura cars not Ford. How'd you like that????

·
Registered
327 Posts
I am going to buy this kit, and did not realize there was a problem with the DSI. Will this definately cause the motor to burn out? Should I just change my plans and get something else? Please let us know if there is any fix to this.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Not everyone has DSI problems. I was one of the first with JRSC and I have no problems.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I opened the hood and started the car. I hear a distinct noise to the right of me (when I face the front bumper.) Is it the DSI motor that makes it? If yes, what should I do to shut it up for now????
I know that the CEL is there to stay but does it mean that the motor burned out if the noise is there?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
No dsi problem here.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts