Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally i'm FI, let me tell you even though it's just a JRSC to some, i love it! just got it done last night, and the care hauls butt at night! I'm getting it dyno'd this friday so we'll see what my car pulls with the JRSC BBK, i made 125 whp, and 130 fpt without the blower so im guessing like 170 whp or so, shooting low dont want to be sad. I love the driveability of this kit, i plugged the ECU after getting it back from FR and boom dead idle at 850 rpms! flys through first and second and just keeps pulling, really need a boost gauge so i can see what psi im really at... I really want to throw cams in the thing, just wondering what i should get with this kit like cat stage 1's or something? What's the best supercharger cam out there right now if any? Also, with the remapping is there a way to tune it? Last two things are i can't hear the whine, and i want a cone filter but that will crap on the remap, and also how do i fix the minor belt slip only when i start the motor up, its like a split second SCREECH?

·
Registered
330 Posts
i have a blitz cone filter on mine, its running about 7PSI with a small pulley and the whine is very loud indeed.

theres alot of debate about cams and forced induction, i have stage 2 comp cams in mine (currently set to TDC, i will get cam gears and have them set up soon) and they seem to work very well but i didnt try it supercharged with stock cams to compare. maybe spend your money on FC TB and a pro maf instead?

or piper cams in the UK now sell cams which are specifically for turboed zetec, they tested them in fast ford mag on a car before and after fitting and got 12bhp gain (this was without setting them up on cam gears)

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Congrats! I'm hoping to join the FI club somewhere later this year too. *sighs* Such a long wait.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Congrats on the new install! I'm loving this kit too!
to fix the belt problem you can get a belt 104 1/4" and rerout it! I used a Napa Part#061037

belt routing

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, ill get that belt tomorrow and route it, i love this kit other than the start up screeeeeecchhhhh, and the heat soakage on hot days. Man the difference between a 70 degree night compared to a 90! Just a question, i need a boost gauge and how did you go about routing the vaccum line to the blower, through the door jam, or drill through firewall? is there a good spot to do this? is it pretty much a little vaccum hose, power, and ground wire? Also with this kit how much boost should i be looking for 8-9 psi? Just so i know im ok!

·
Registered
814 Posts
open the driver side door there should be a round plastic "tap" about the same hight as the mirror you can remove that and run your line there that's where i ran mine,
I'm getting 8-9

1 - 6 of 6 Posts